Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I sent two emails to info@servage.net because i was really intrested in getting a host plan, and also to make some questions about the reseller plan because i was planning to contract it for the future, but i still haven't got a response..

For servage :

In the future increase CPU load accepted and not space and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by darthloaded
    I'm pretty satisfied with Servage.net - I've had no downtime whatsoever yet, and plus, I'm on a special plan - $5.95 a month for 14 months (yearly + 2 free months) which saves me a lot of money compared to other hosts such as BlueHost, Netfirms, DreamHost, etc. (the bigger hosting companies that can afford to offer so much space).

Also, one question, are we allowed to run file hosting sites on our account?
    I like Servage (UK) - they are a very honest & approachable hosting co.

Exceedingly rare I require customer support (I prefer to solve things myself) but, their customer support is fast

I'll have another bash at my cron and if I crack it I'll certainly move my site(s) back too Servage (UK).

Thank-you Steffan (servage-stef) for the above info. - appreciated
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

I signed up with Servage a few months back and had no problems with them whatsoever, their support have been great for me answering within in 20mins. My site has not been down since signing up with them (that i know of) and the refferal plan is great...

I have referred quite a few people to servage and now have free hosting with them till the year 2012 and 270gb space....it will be interesting whether or not i will actually get this free hosting for this long.

That just seems way too much for too little. I mean if a few clients were to begin utilizing their resources to purposely see what would happen - I am sure your server would crash or performance on that machine would greatly be effected.

The thing is, i was trying to use my allocated amount of daily bandwidth and i'd say that roughly 50% of files over 25mb wouldn't download fully. I opened many support tickets about this and was basically told that it's not anything to do with them.

At first i thought it was just a network issue my end but had about 100 people from a forum i visit download files at different times and around 60 had the download stall on them.

I since moved to Jaguar and had no repeat of the problem.

Don't say you weren't warned about servage.

Regards

Yes, I agree with you.

110GB is a whole Hard Disc. Even if someone was only to offer this amount of storage online alone would have charged more than Servage's monthly fee...

I've spent hours and days on this so have given up! ... and I still can't get their cron to work

I'm well versed on unix commands, chmod ...etc, so I ain't got anything wrong.

I ran a script to find out their server time and it's an hour being UK time - so they'll be correct in Oct. when the clocks go back

They ain't worth the hassle tbh
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Quote Originally Posted by totos
    Yes, I agree with you.

110GB is a whole Hard Disc. Even if someone was only to offer this amount of storage online alone would have charged more than Servage's monthly fee...
    if i knew the server i was on only had 110gb space then i would request a new server. 110gb is ok for personal use but servers nowadays will usually come with 500-1tb hdd. And usually more than1 hdd too.

Quote Originally Posted by :Sye:
    if i knew the server i was on only had 110gb space then i would request a new server. 110gb is ok for personal use but servers nowadays will usually come with 500-1tb hdd. And usually more than1 hdd too.
    Cluster solution (lage ones) - like servage's mostly use SAN solution to add disk. I can't speak for servage myself, but that's a good solution for a growing company that is using an enormous amount of storage and don't want to run out of storage spage.
    -Mr Bister

Quote Originally Posted by mrbister
    Cluster solution (lage ones) - like servage's mostly use SAN solution to add disk. I can't speak for servage myself, but that's a good solution for a growing company that is using an enormous amount of storage and don't want to run out of storage spage.
    That is excactly right. I'm sure the reason for this confussion is that many of the smaller hosts does not have experience with clustered solutions...

Like the major prividers we own our own datacenter gibing us some options not available to hosts that rent or colocate.
    Steffan,
    Servage.net | Affordable Clustered Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by servage-stef
    That is excactly right. I'm sure the reason for this confussion is that many of the smaller hosts does not have experience with clustered solutions...

Like the major prividers we own our own datacenter gibing us some options not available to hosts that rent or colocate.
    What advantages does owning your own datacenter give you over colocation?

Quote Originally Posted by :Sye:
    You didn't read my post right. I never said that a server has only has 110GB of space, actually I never mentioned the word server .

But even as a hardware is still quite expensive, even more if you consider that the drive is a SCSI one, just have a look on SCSI prices and you'll see for yourself how expensive they are.

Just consider the case that the users used up their allocated resources, ie Servage would need to put only 5 users on a 550GB server. In other words just 5xEUR7,50 to support the worth of a server box and network plus management cost.

It would be difficult to happen, but one easily can see that this is EXTREME overselling... and I'll tell you something else: just try to use 1110 GB of transfer and you'll see how fast you will get with a suspended account...

That was actually my point...

I'm a current servage customer and I love it!! The server is fast, I love the space and I have for all my domains... as for people saying that they won't let you use your bandwidth, I KNOW that's a lie because one of my clients also has a servage account and several times a week in the evening his site would go down because he HAD used his 37GB for that day. Each time, it was only down for a few hours until a "new day" began, thereby restarting him with 37 gb of bandwidth available. Servage didn't even tell him to go elsewhere. He decided to go get a dedicated server because his forum had grown to the point where he needed it (lots of pics and vid files), plus he wanted to expand it even more. Now he has a dedicated server for that domain, and still has his servage account for other sites. He's been so impressed with his servage experience that he says his only regret is that they don't offer dedicated servers to their clients.

My only gripe is that they don't seem to bother with answering emails... I sent one over a week ago with a question and have yet to receive a reply.

Please Watch Out

Quote Originally Posted by TooRight
    I'm a current servage customer and I love it!! The server is fast, I love the space and I have for all my domains... as for people saying that they won't let you use your bandwidth, I KNOW that's a lie because one of my clients also has a servage account and several times a week in the evening his site would go down because he HAD used his 37GB for that day. Each time, it was only down for a few hours until a "new day" began, thereby restarting him with 37 gb of bandwidth available. Servage didn't even tell him to go elsewhere. He decided to go get a dedicated server because his forum had grown to the point where he needed it (lots of pics and vid files), plus he wanted to expand it even more. Now he has a dedicated server for that domain, and still has his servage account for other sites. He's been so impressed with his servage experience that he says his only regret is that they don't offer dedicated servers to their clients.

My only gripe is that they don't seem to bother with answering emails... I sent one over a week ago with a question and have yet to receive a reply.
    Well, im glad i found this forum. I just have to clarify TooRight's statement. I hosted my website with Servage and 2 days ago my bandwidth exploded and shot up to 40GB in half a day. Guess what. They suspended my account immediately without a word or notifications. I emailed them 4 times and i have not receive anything from them yet. It had been almost 40 hours of suspension and no words from anyone. Their support is terrible. Please watchout this host!

Servage is the most **** host to every exist coz they kick of sites that are big without any warning and since they dont accept monthly payments and take in advance for 3 months people really cant do anything.....The oversell like crap and just mess their server up and suspening big sites and letting the small ones on so they could get a good word abt their biz among webmasters....Overall i would NEVER recommend any one to servage.

Yes, **** them. These ppl are thief, they never even bother to reply or send email. I've email them 4 times to resolve the problem but no avail. Stay away from them if u think u will be using 10% of their offered resources.

Quote Originally Posted by er1cw
    I emailed them 4 times and i have not receive anything from them yet. It had been almost 40 hours of suspension and no words from anyone. Their support is terrible. Please watchout this host!
    Try using our support system available in the control panel. All queries are answered and normally within 30 minutes.
    Steffan,
    Servage.net | Affordable Clustered Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by servage-stef
    Try using our support system available in the control panel. All queries are answered and normally within 30 minutes.
    This doesn't detract from the allegation that given you've suspended a customers account that they weren't informed of your (pending) action.

I would think 40hrs is more than enough time for a host to email a customer they've suspended their account for some reason or another.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Is there any good reason to go for servage over dreamhost?
    Or are they "too good to be true" sellers too?

Well i've been with them for months and had no problems at all. If your planning on having a high traffic website then i would ask them for a custom plan, as people expect to get the world when they sign up, but at the end of the day its still shared hosting.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fedlerner
    I sent two emails to info@servage.net because i was really intrested in getting a host plan, and also to make some questions about the reseller plan because i was planning to contract it for the future, but i still haven't got a response..
    lol .. me too .. they replied my first mail only ! then, i did not get any response for any mail i sent after that !! .. notice that i'm really impressed with the bad reviews about the service & i do not think i will have account with them !

thanks a lot

I like servage, although they are expensive
    110Gb space 1100GB data transfer for $7.50, expensive? I don't even know what to say...

it is 7.5 euro it is 10 bucks
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

My experience with Servage is also really bad .. Once you start using Bandwidth they provide they will delete your website without giving any notice.

Thanks to GOD i have my site backup with me. So i move to new server though i prepaid for 6 months and use only 1 and half month of hosting from servage. They are the wrost in my experience. Beware of them!
    Uk Web Hosting - FreeZone.co.uk A UK Based Web Hosting Company Provides Domains and Affordable Quality Web Hosting and Internet Solutions.

Buy Domain Name - Budget Web Hosting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast