Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

whats rong with onramp/sitebysize

Hi,

I 'm hosting on sitebysize. Today all of a sudden all the sites went down and I got the following message from SBS

"Our upstream provider has recently lost capacity, and we are pressed to make these changes as soon as possible.
    We have to put your server down in one hour and it will come up with new IP Address."

I tried to visit onramp and even their site seems down from here and all my sites are down too ...Can some one tell me is this related with the problem of ONRAMP the datacentre where SBS hosts their servers ??

OnRamp is back up

Although sitebysize is not yet.

From looking at the IP assignments the above statement would appear validated. OnRamp is now within a Sprint block, while sitebysize still shows within an OnRamp block. Also, sitebysize tracks through to the same location, but then stops at the last hop.

My sites are still not up. Its down for more than 24 hours. Theres no other notification from even the Sitebysize about this.. Any one here who is the custoemr of sbs and knowing the current status

Hello

Other hosting companies with Onramp have the same situation. My all windows sites are down for about 30 hours.

In one word they have destroyed my windows hosting business and harmed even my unix hosting business.

I always promiss at least 99.9% uptime and I myself go with the most expensive and best quality hosts to prevent this kind of situations but they destroy my companies reputation easily.

I have not received any notification since 24 hours ago. I may decide to stop windows hosting business.

Mac

Unhappy SiteBySize Problem

I am a SiteBySize client who now also sit with a dead Windows server. The situation is hurting our business as well.

I have contacted Onramp (the upstream service provider) for assistance. There response was prompt and friendly.

Onramp did not seem to know of the problem with the IP addresses. They said that SiteBySize was not their client, but rather a client of their client, AS Networks, to whom they are selling bandwidth. I have tried to contact AS Networks but have not received any response.

From here, www.asnetworks.net seems dead as well. To me it seems as if the problems started at AS Networks. Perhaps they are moving to another upstream service provider, in the process throwing SiteBySize and all of us off-line.

Suracha, the owner of SiteBySize, is not answering any e-mail. I think his whole system is down right now. A real pity because his service has been excellent in the past.

I would appreciate any additional details anybody can add. If somebody in the USA could contact AS Networks at 888-643-5867 for clarity, it will also be most welcome.

Angry sitebysize problem

hi everyone,

Is there all news outhere from sitebysize

I' want to phone them but my english is not good, can anyone phone them ?

Southweb Tower
    211 E. 7th St. Suite 1200
    Austin TX 78701
    United States
    Phone: (66) 2447-6001
    Fax: (66) 2447-6002

bangkokserver

they other site www.bangkokserver.com is online and working ? it is also based in Austin.

NeoTrace Trace Version 3.25 Results
    Target: www.bangkokserver.com
    Date: 25/02/02 (Monday), 12:47:45
    Nodes: 17

Node Data
    Node Net Reg IP Address Location Node Name
    17 1 1 207.200.50.51 Austin bangkokserver.com

Packet Data
    Node High Low Avg Tot Lost
    17 146 146 146 1 0

Network Data
    Network id#: 1
    Onramp Access (NETBLK-ONR-203)
    612 Brazos
    Austin, TX 78701
    US

Netname: ONR-203
    Netblock: 207.200.50.0 - 207.200.50.255

Coordinator:
    Kissinger, Chad (CK47-ARIN) chad@ONR.COM
    512-322-9200 (FAX) 512-322-9200

Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

SIERRA.ONR.COM 199.1.90.2
    FIVER.ONR.COM 199.1.90.162

Record last updated on 15-Oct-1999.
    Database last updated on 22-Jan-2002 19:55:23 EDT.

The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
    Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
    Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related

Registrant Data
    Registrant id#: 1
    The Data in the VeriSign Registrar WHOIS database is provided by VeriSign for
    information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about
    or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not guarantee
    its accuracy. Additionally, the data may not reflect updates to billing contact
    information. By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree to use this Data only
    for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
    (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
    commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile; or
    (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to VeriSign
    (or its computer systems). The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or
    other use of this Data is expressly prohibited without the prior written
    consent of VeriSign. VeriSign reserves the right to terminate your access to
    the VeriSign Registrar WHOIS database in its sole discretion, including
    without limitation, for excessive querying of the WHOIS database or for failure
    to otherwise abide by this policy. VeriSign reserves the right to modify these
    terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

The data contained in Go Daddy Software, Inc.'s WHOIS database,

while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided as is

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose, including, but not

limited to, allowing or making possible dissemination or

collection of this data in part or in its entirety for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

solicitations, is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of Go Daddy Software, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,

you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty.

Registrant:

Suracha Suntarasut

Registrar: Go Daddy Software (http://registrar.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: BANGKOKSERVER.COM

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.BANGKOKSERVER.COM

NS2.BANGKOKSERVER.COM

NS1.SITEBYSIZE.COM

NS2.SITEBYSIZE.COM

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the
    registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions.
    Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or
    _____
    NeoTrace Copyright ©1997-2001 NeoWorx Inc

Hello again,

In fact I am with exa-bytes.com and this is about 48 hours that they are down.

They have not answered my tickets since 30 hours ago (or more) and there is no announcements.

I am strongly thinking on closing my windows hosting business as I am not able to find a high quality host.

It seems they do not sense any responsibility at all. They even do not bother themselves to send an announcement so that we can be aware of the situation.

Mac

Hello,

We have our Windows 2000 Dedicated Servers from SitebySize. We are now working hard on updating IP address and we need to delay in replying support ticket.

We just received our list of new IP addresses from SitebySize.

Chan
    ******** - ASP, ASP.NET. Windows 2008 Hosting - Windows Reseller Plans

1 Exabyte = two to the sixtieth power byte, 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 bytes

Anyone some news ?

Is there someone with news about SBS ?

Many thanks

Paul

They are back. But this time my server is on the cogent bandwidth. ..and the sites are responding slow..

Question

SitebySize have also just sent me my new IP addresses. However, I'm a bit thick when it comes to the technical stuff and would be grateful if someone could give me some advice. Sitebysize themselves are a bit too snowed under to respond. I haven't set up my own nameservers, but instead use ns1.sitebysize.com and ns2.sitebysize.com.

Do I need to do anything? or is it just a matter of waiting until their new dns settings circulate through the net and then when surfers type in my urls the site will load up again?

Hi Saxon

SiteBySize has updated all zones on our nameservers. I assume they would do the same for you on ns1 and ns2.sitebysize.com as well.

I think you may sit back and wait now...

Hello

Exa-bytes have sent me new IP addresses for my nameservers.

But you know that it will take more than 24-48 hours for them to propagate.

This is equal to 4 days of downtime.

Mac

New connection on new IP addresses are so slow that I am not able to download a backup of customer access database files.

I tested it with hostpulse.com's speed test. While it was about 34ms delay on ping test from hostpulse, it is now about 120ms !!!

It is also a cognet bandwidth. (trace route shows this).

Mac

* Relocation of servers?

It seems like our SiteBySize server was moved to another physical location (Washinton DC?). That will explain the long silence.

All our sites are up again, though access is slower than we are used to. All is fine again, whel at least for the moment.

We are still waiting for an explanation from SiteBySize.

Everyone who makes a move

Should engage a training session from Ventures Online on how to do it...They relocate (of course they've had experience) with virtually no disturbance to the customer. Frankly, Rackshack didn't do bad considering the magnitude. But, others....oh my.....

Angry Data Loss?

I too have sites hosted with SBS. I was wondering if anyone had suffered any data loss with the new servers. I still do not have gotten my sites back online.

My data was there but exa-bytes says that sitebysize have moved their servers to new location without prior notification and as the speed and quality of new connection is bad they are moving to a new provider.

I myself have requested for a refund for this month's period (starting from 22Feb) and I have moved customer sites to a new server.

New connection has a 120ms delay (tested on hostpulse) in comparison to previous 34ms. As I told later i was not able to download files (at least my own files) as connection was very slow.

Mac

Weird...

This is weird.

I do a traceroute, and everything still points to SBS being at onramp datacenter.

I have one site accessible right now, and it is on the same IP that it was on 4 days ago when all the sites were working....

I wish SBS would update everyone.

SBS Won't communicate

I have had to change my dns server's IP address, so that means all my sites are broken for 2 days while the new location propagates around the net. No explanation about why that is necessary.

So without any forewarning, or explanation afterwards, my business, and my clients' businesses are stopped for 3 days (Sunday plus the 2 days since they told me I had to change) .

SBS have a great package, good setup etc but really terrible communication with their users. I have had a billing problem since Dec 19 and more than 30 emails to the billing address and to the webmaster address has not brought a single reply. So they haven't been paid. And they won't either until they answer my question. They dont seem to care.

It's a good host to be on, but I do wish they would pay more attention to keeping the customers in the picture. I am looking really stupid here not having ANYTHING to tell my clients when they call to tell me "my site is down".

Cheers,
    Mike Kear
    AFP Webworks
    Windsor, NSW, Australia

Fire up their domain and you get:

This domain is temporarily unavailable.
    Please contact Onramp Access accounting billing@onr.com
    or call (512) 322-9200 for further information.

Does this look like someone not paying their bills?

Now sitebysize shows this

ASNetworks.net shows the same

It gets more and more curious....so...lets see what we know....AS Networks was located at OnRamp....sitebysize was a customer of AS....exa-bytes was a customer of sitebysize.

No one announces anything in advance or even shares any information now....all we know is all were down...some sites are now accessible somewhere else....sitebysize can't be reached...don't know about AS.

Possibilities...AS skipped....left others high and dry...but why no comment by sitebysize then...what is the real relationship between AS and sbs....poor exa-bytes...they are the only one communicating at all.

I would recommend all Windows users consider some of the few reputable Windows hosts....yes, they are more expensive, but that goes with choosing to host on Windows....a couple Handyhosting....Rackmy....or if you liked where you were...why not call Onramp and see what they will do for you.

Now sitebysize shows this

ASNetworks.net shows the same

It gets more and more curious....so...lets see what we know....AS Networks was located at OnRamp....sitebysize was a customer of AS....exa-bytes was a customer of sitebysize.

No one announces anything in advance or even shares any information now....all we know is all were down...some sites are now accessible somewhere else....sitebysize can't be reached...don't know about AS.

Possibilities...AS skipped....left others high and dry...but why no comment by sitebysize then...what is the real relationship between AS and sbs....poor exa-bytes...they are the only one communicating at all.

I would recommend all Windows users consider some of the few reputable Windows hosts....yes, they are more expensive, but that goes with choosing to host on Windows....a couple Handyhosting....Rackmy....

SBS Will come back up won't it?

I'm still hopeful that SBS will come back up. The ip addresses they gave me for my DNS are responding to PING and the trace route shows they're connected to cogentco.com (My ip is 66.28.206.162) So I think they are in the process of moving to a new physical location and if we sit patiently it'll all come back up eventually.

Is that a fair assumption do you think? Even if someone has not paid a bill somewhere, it looks like SBS is going to be set up eventually in this new location.

YES? Or am I clinging to a pipe dream here?

Cheers
    Mike Kear
    AFP Webworks,
    Windsor, NSW, Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast