Client Billing System>?

Hello again,

I am getting geared up to start reselling. I've found the provider, will be using Revecom for payment processing, but why would I need a client billing system? What purpose does it serve, and could I manage to work without it?

I had the idea that the payment processor I sign-up with would have some client management tool included.

Basically ask yourself this questions: Are you lazy?
    Heh, it isn't always the case but sometimes is. If you're new and starting out then you shouldn't need it unless you are lazy. If you're into it and have quite a lot of customers it can be a LOT of help to you and can cut down your stress by some.
    So really, since you're new into this and prolly wont have that many clients in the beginning, you could do with out- then again, unless you're lazy.

I am starting out and plan on using PHPManager...
    two reasons..
    A) I want to get everyting now that I'll need in future( as possible ) too make it easier in the long run!!!
    B) I'm lazy

phpManager is the choice for a lot of people starting out, as the full package is only a whopping $50, they have just recently raised their prices with the new release of v1.1.1, but you're still getting value for money and they shouldn't raise it anymore as in a lot of peoples eyes it isn't really worth anymore. Although some other good ones are UberSmith, ModernBill (apparently #1), WHNBilling, as well as many others.

Yes, it is also good to get things now that you will need ultimately in the future, as it will not only save a lot of time, but it will also save a lot of hassle, frustration and confusion.
    But when doing this and getting it now because you may need it in the future, try not to purchase something that is not radically priced as you may never ever recoup your costs and then be in that certain amount of debt, and if in the end you don't get your money back and keep going deeper into the red, then you'll have wasted a lot of money; but at least you would have done it in style.

If you can program, I would suggest built your own one. We are building one for us own and it is fully costumised to our needs.

And because we programmed it in house we are able to add extra features very easily.

Hmm yes that is very true, ZDWebHosting also had theirs programmed by themselves so it was easier and everything to their needs.
    Unfortunately there are not a lot out there who can do that, and there are few if any willing to make one to your needs for less than $50 when they can charge a few hundred like the big companies.

Even if you can program

The basic phpManager is $30....how do you value your time? Can you build the equivalent for $30 worth of your time. I think not. My rule of thumb is always....is there a product available that meets my needs?....is so, is it affordable?....if not, and, only if not available, do I then program.

Re: Client Billing System>?

Originally posted by Piano
    Hello again,

I am getting geared up to start reselling. I've found the provider, will be using Revecom for payment processing, but why would I need a client billing system? What purpose does it serve, and could I manage to work without it?

I had the idea that the payment processor I sign-up with would have some client management tool included.
    If you have a supplier for your hosting and you're using Revecom [aka Paysystems.com], then you have everything you need [basically]. Your Paysystems.com interface can act as your client database. They handle all the recurring transactions etc, so I don't see what more you really need, right now.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

True,

But in my case I needed more. My clients want to get a bill by regular post and want to pay throw their bank. Not by CC.

So because of that I've made a system that makes bills in PDF. I only have to open those and hit the print button and I've got the correct bill.

I am not lazy by no means, but time is a very important issue to me.
    PhpManager meets, and exceeds my requirements. Especially the latest version.
    The built in help desk works great.
    The script will setup your customers accounts instantly, (WHM module required).
    I prefer not to use that feature because of fraud.
    At this point in time I cannot see paying triple the price for another script,
    when phpManager works so well for me.

True, time is also a very important thing, as not a lot of people have that much time to put everything together by hand- so these things can be helpful especially when you're a month or two old.