Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hostmania Chargeback Help

Hello,

We were one of the many who unfortunate enough to sign up for the hostmania offers. We are trying to do a chargeback but our bank has asked for proof. The only proof we have are e-mail communications however the full headers are not visible(we have Ensim 3.0) is there a way to get the full headers on these e-mails? I have tried the "View Headers" option on Outlook but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

In Outlook, you should be able to right-click on the message and choose the last option (properties), then the details tab to see headers there.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Thank you

Originally posted by Chicken
    In Outlook, you should be able to right-click on the message and choose the last option (properties), then the details tab to see headers there.

Thanks Chicken

just send my fax out to request a chargeback, i hope my bank has no problem with it.....

????

Originally posted by hmmwv
    just send my fax out to request a chargeback, i hope my bank has no problem with it.....

What are you talking about? Who are you?

Send them a link to this forum and get them to read the posts! lol

hmmmm

Originally posted by hosthero
    Send them a link to this forum and get them to read the posts! lol

Something tells me Fleet won't do that

Is there anyone who really got a chargeback? How much time did it take?
    I was told by my bank that I'll have to wait 2 months!!!

they told us the same, why can't Hostmania issue a refund, even if they "switched" processors, they still have an account with the old one and what kind of processor hasn't heard of web hosting...especially one that takes internet payments?

At what point is something considered fraud?

Sent out my chargeback papers last week. Still waiting to hear from my CC company. They said they'd only contact me with the outcome by snailmail. These European CC people are sooooo behind the times. Since I've sent them the paperwork they've even stopped replying to my emails for some reason.

I WANT MY $370 BACK !!!

If I can't get it with a chargeback, I'm gonna see a laywer (students can get free legal advice here in the Netherlands )
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

hehe
    glad i paid through paypal
    lol

Originally posted by PVS
    Is there anyone who really got a chargeback? How much time did it take?
    I was told by my bank that I'll have to wait 2 months!!!
    Depends on your Credit Card and bank. I deal with Visa and all my chargebacks (a total of 3) were refunded within 3 business days... Note however that all 3 were obvious mistakes/frauds... so it depends on how strong your case is... Always tell them that you tried working with the merchant first 'cos that's what you're supposed to do.... if they don't respond, well, then tell VISA this and usually it takes a few days (actually for you to get a credit)...
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by George
    they told us the same, why can't Hostmania issue a refund, even if they "switched" processors, they still have an account with the old one and what kind of processor hasn't heard of web hosting...especially one that takes internet payments?
    If they did refund you, and you decided to follow through with your chargeback they would end up returning double what you paid. The credit card system doesn't work.

If they refunded me obviously I wouldn't follow through with the chargeback. Even if I did it wouldn't go through as records would show that there was a refund on that purchase

My bank has charged me $30 for investigating the case (I have never done a charge back until now) and now they tell emails etc may not be aacceptable as proof

Problem is that they have never been able to communicate with me through the internet. They do everything by Fax etc and I doubt if they even understand those emails.

I want my money back. Who is responsible

Neither Ipayments nor eservers or hotmania bother themselves to help.

Which century are we in. They get your money and tell you must get it back yourself. I am tired of all these merchants who do everything they want.

In just this year I have been charged for about $150 of unwanted payments (and $240 this time) . Last case was valuablehosting. They were billing may card 4 onths after I had cancelled my account with them. 1 month after they told me they have refund all my money I received my statement and saw they have only refunded 3 of 4 those charges.

I am tired of these apparent frauds.

Mac
    Last edited by wmac; 09-01-2002 at 09:56 PM.

Well maybe it is time to take action against some of these people, would send a message to others

I thought eservers was on the level and nice, or something or other like that.. yea, that.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Looks like hostmania's site is down

George, did Hostmania have a support forum
    dotGig

I do not recall them having one

Ok, that is what keeps me away from vendors, not being able to contact other customers in a central place =)
    dotGig

Exclamation

since I also didn't get my refund back, I decided to contact Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbbonline.org/) with a detailed description what happend. I also included links to a couple webhostingtalk-threads covering the problems/issues a numerous other people here had with chavvon/hostmania too. Eventually you all should do the same, so bbbonline knows this isn't just a single case, but rather a larger scale problem and that Chavvon's business practices definetly need some 'checking'. I've also sent a copy of the report to paypal, just to make sure they know too what's going on, and eventually they can chargeback the money for me too.

we'll see what happens.. I'll post an update once I got a result.

cheers,
    -jbb

My bank has charged me $30 for investigating the case
    Since when does the victim have to pay to proove he's lost money? This just seems totally wrong to me and I'd be looking for a new bank.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Hello

I will submit a report about hostmania, eservers and IPayments. I will post results too.

Mac

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast