Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Warning: Rackeasy

Hello,

Well I hate to go this route , but after uncooperative communacation with Rackeasy , in order to exercise my rights for a refund before my 30days is up and I have only had my server 14 days and used around 8 gigs a bandwith in that time period.

There 30 day money back Garuantee on the site states:

If you're not satisfied with our services within 30 day's we will give you a full refund. Our 30 day money back guarantee is unconditional which means you qualify for any reason. If you have more question's on this please email sales@rackeasy.com and a Rack Easy, LLC sales representative will assist you.
    Then I was pointed to there so called TOS , which wasn't available when I signed up 2 weeks ago, I had to call them on the phone to signup cause they had no order form only pages that worked were main page and most of that was busted and shared hosting page. Which as I read there tos it still doesnt specifiy plans covered , I took screenshots just incase they change it also

I gave them reasons why I wish to cancel and I feel they are valid complaints on why I am not happy. The server was used by a previous client and I was told I would get a fresh install before I got possesion of the server in 2 hours. I got the login info and started looking around and the old clients data was still on the server and indeed no fresh install had accoured IMHO.

I can't do anything with it the first day I have it cause they tell me someone will have it ready tommorow with a Fresh install. So I am pretty kewl with that and reasonable , until I find out the ip's they had assigned me which I setup namservers on are gone , so I ask where my ip's are . They tell me they have to get me new ip's because they are waiting on more from the datacenter , so pretty much day 2 is shot because I got the ip's so late that I said hell with it .

Welp come to findout after I changed my nameservers to those ip's , I rebuild and look at my free ip's and noticed they have yet changed again for a 3rd time in 3 days So yes again I have to change my nameserver ip's again and losing my patience quickly. Well everything settles down for a day or so , then I start noticing every night about the same time the network connection goes to hell for about 4 days straight mind you.

I would love to still see where in the 30 day garuantee it says it doesnt included Dedicated Servers.

Edit , I have been Refunded the Full amount finally , but it doesn't erase the hassle and time I had to spend to get this refund , or the facts that have been posted in this thread.

Also I notice they have changed there polices to reflect the changes on wht the MBG covers.
    Last edited by phantasywork; 10-11-2002 at 01:15 PM.
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Ouch... I feal sorry for you. Why wont they just refund your money?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Ouch... I feal sorry for you. Why wont they just refund your money?
    Don't know , I wasn't nasty in any of my dealings but I knew they would fight it in the back of my mind.

Sorry there 30 day moneyback garuantee is misleading as heck to say the least , if you only gonna offer a 30 day garuantee on certain things it should be clearly stated no including Dedicated , Reseller or whatever.
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, Douglas this should be handled off board, and as we've told you our 30 day money back policy is ONLY for managed shared hosting account's, and reseller account's, NOT for dedicated server's.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ChickenSteak
    Hello, Douglas this should be handled off board, and as we've told you our 30 day money back policy is ONLY for managed shared hosting account's, and reseller account's, NOT for dedicated server's.
    Well seeing how your site doesnt say that , you should back what you list and it says nothing about it , if you don't offer it on DEDCATED then it SHould CLEARLY say this on the site.

Also I tried working it out privately

I got ripped off by TIMPD once I won't let it happen again
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.rackeasy.com?action=tos
    10.) Money back Guarantee
    Each of Rack Easy’s web hosting plans carries a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee on them. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your service, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount. Remember, this is ONLY for monthly packages, and not for yearly packages.

No refund is available after the 30th day for monthly packages.

Any charge backs will automatically cause your hosting account to be terminated and the proper authorities to be contacted. By law and our policies, you CAN NOT get a charge back on our services through your bank or card provider. You MUST come through Rack Easy, LLC, and we will refund your money. If you get a charge back with no reason, you will be prosecuted.

Rack Easy, LLC has a zero-tolerance policy as far as credit card fraud is concerned. If you knowingly misuse your own credit card and perform chargeback after using your hosting for a full period then be advised that Rack Easy, LLC will take full legal action. This includes a court hearing where the sole arbitrator will be a judge (without a jury). You will also be liable to pay for attorney fees for Rack Easy, LLC and as well as any damages caused by you to Rack Easy, LLC. We take fraud very seriously and have taken action against such cases before and will do it again if required.
    It no where state's, that dedicated server's are elgibal notice the clause "Each of Rack Easy’s web hosting plans carries a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee on them." Key word: Web hosting plans, not dedicated server solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

No where it does it say it doesn't ethier
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

It dosen't have to, although it does say it for web hosting plans, which is not dedicated.

I'm sorry Douglas, but we will not issue a refund, also this should be handled off the forums.
      0 Not allowed!

How can you know about a tos since there is no link unless you goto the signup page ? Which there wasn't one when I signed up nor was there even a TOS at all
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

im so glad i didnt go with them when they offered me some deds
      0 Not allowed!

There is a link on the footer of each page of our site. Also yes there was a tos, anyway's it's your duty to abide by it, and view it.
      0 Not allowed!

You should have done a search on Brandon and Larron before getting a server from them you would have seen a long history of this and that they are only 13 years old.
      0 Not allowed!

RackEasy people eehh umm Kids.

Your 30 Day Money Back on the first screen looks very suspect indeed.

No * Conditions etc..

That alone is reasons to fix your site issue the refund etc.

Kind regards

phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

I hate to play the age issue but while the owners may not be young the people who run and work for the company are as stated in this thread :

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=rackeasy

I just found out this info when it was posted and If I would have known this I woulda never , ever signed up with them.

Honestly I would just refunded the money to save face and have done it before myself, even if I felt the customer was wrong.
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

The customer is alwats right even if there not...
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

even if the customer is right or not here they owe them a refund as in thier TOS it does not specify and is indeed put that way to be sneaky.

give his money back and put this to an end?
      0 Not allowed!

ChickenSteak,

I can prove there was none , if you want to look worse go ahead , when I signed up nothing worked on your site and there was no TOS , no order form ..nothing!!!!!
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Just give back there money and be done with it...

What is 8 gigs? 3 Bux.. come on.... seriously... come to OZ and i will buy you a BIG MAC Meal for your lost revenue.

Regards
    Phillip
      0 Not allowed!

Do a charge back.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Monte
    Do a charge back.
    I hate to go that route but it looks like they are not willing to save there own face and then change there refund polciy to specifically say what is covered to prevent this in the future.
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by phantasywork

I hate to go that route but it looks like they are not willing to save there own face and then change there refund polciy to specifically say what is covered to prevent this in the future.
    make sure you save logs and make sure you have saved a current copy of thier TOS
      0 Not allowed!

Well they changed my login and I have no access, so in reality they aren't providing a service I paid for for 30 days , cause I am paid uptill October 14th and no refund but they have canceled my server , how kind of them But yet I am getting no refund from them ?
    phantasyworkshosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

It's amazing to me that someone who is running a company will trade a dollar for a nickel. What would it cost to refund his money, a couple hundred bucks? Might want to think of opportunity cost. When you start hearing of service like this where a customer has a legitimate complaint IMHO you start to lose business. Sometimes it's best to lose a couple bucks even when you're right. You may in the end keep his money, but at what cost? Sometimes its best to do something because it's right, and not just because you can. PR can either make you or break you.

Whether you provide good service or not, your company apparently isn't very good at the PR game. How many people on the bubble of ordering a server will read things like this and decide to go elsewhere? Had you given his money back, and politely explained that this is not normal procedure for the company but you are doing it because of a misunderstanding, you would have gotten more customers.

I'm not saying rackeasy.com isn't in their rights to keep the money in this case, just that they should give it back anyway.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ChickenSteak
    Any charge backs will automatically cause your hosting account to be terminated and the proper authorities to be contacted. By law and our policies, you CAN NOT get a charge back on our services through your bank or card provider. You MUST come through Rack Easy, LLC, and we will refund your money.
    That's pretty funny. Obviously, you guys smoked a big fat bowl before writing that one up.

"By law"? Get stuffed.

I wonder how your merchant provider would feel about that clause...

-Bob
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=rackeasy

LOL, wow, i had no idea they were 13 and 15.

AMAZING.

sure am glad i didn't buy a server from a 13 year old.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast