Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Warning to IPB Customers: Don't make any negative comments or they might ban you

I own a lifetime IPB license that I paid $149 for, but was recently banned from their forums because I made a negative comment about one of their future products on their feedback forum. My username on the IPB forums was greggish, and my real name is Gregg Heifetz. I am posting this information so that you know that I am an actual customer of IPB. I wasn't given any warning or explanation, just banned minutes after I made the comment. I was only given an explanation after I contacted them asking why they banned a paying customer. They also refused to give me a refund and the President of IPS, Charles Warner, told me, "I highly suggest you quietly fade away." I did not use any profanity and just expressed my opinion that their new product Dynamic will not sell. While, my post may not have been the most tactful, I am stunned that they would completely ban a customer from the support forums just for expressing their opinion on a feedback forum. The President of IPS, Charles Warner, also stated to me that I had "multiple 2.0 series boards running without a license", basically calling me a theif. Not only don't I have any IPB boards running, I don't even have a single website up yet. He later apologized to me on this point, claiming to haven mistaken me for another customer, but I don't believe he was sincere. I am still banned, and they say I will not be unbanned, and they have not apologized for telling a paying customer "I highly suggest you quietly fade away."

This is the post I made that caused them to ban me...

The sooner Matt gets Dynamic out, and nobody buys it, the sooner the focus of the company can go back to improving, bug fixing, and speeding up the forum. Sorry, IPB, that's just the way I see it.
    This is the response I received from Charles Warner, the President of IPB after asking why I was banned...

That wasn't negative feedback it was a rude, abusive statement designed to damage the company.

Not to mention you have multiple 2.0 series boards running without a license.

We do not ban people for negative feedback. There are plenty of people who post more than you do but none that go as far as you.

I highly suggest you quietly fade away.

--------------------

Charles Warner
    Invision Power Services, Inc. - President
    cwarner@invisionpower.com - 1-800-901-5491 (434-352-4334)
    Purchase Invision Power Board - IPS Hosting
    I have made several hundred posts on their forum and never received any warnings. According to their own policy I was supposed to get a warning before being banned. I just think this is a terrible way to treat a customer for just making a negative comment about the direction they feel the company is going. In communications with all of the management team at IPS that lasted several days in trying to resolve this matter and get my support forum access restored and come to an amicable solution for both sides I told them...

If I was simply notified that, "You are not allowed to make any negative comments about the company or products on the forums", then I would have refrained from doing so and still would.
    Still, they would not apologize for their actions or unban me. They also refused to refund my money. It seems that management's first and only response to a customer that makes a negative comment on their forum is to ban them, abuse them, call them a thief, and threaten them.
    "I highly suggest you quietly fade away." -President of Invision Power Services, Charles Warner -- PM to me after banning me (a lifetime license holder) for expressing my opinion that IP Dynamic will not sell, and is taking time away from the development of IPB.
      1 Not allowed!

I have never actually been banned before, but i know how you feel, their staff members are just rude and delete any post about their products which are negative even slightly.

I use to like IPB, now I just hate them.
      1 Not allowed!

They are trully up themselves about their software now .. you can't comment about diffrences either, my post was deleted for that.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"
      1 Not allowed!

It seems that they can't take criticism and people who can't take criticism are losers.
    If that was indeed your post - I see it as neither rude or abusive, simply opionion.
    If I was them i'd stop services straight away because customer service such as that is quite simply disgraceful and uneccessary.
    Furthermore, anyone who says - "I suggest you quitely fade away", must have something to hide.

Regards,

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
      1 Not allowed!

I still can't get over the President of a company making that threatening statement to me...

"I highly suggest you quietly fade away."

...and not later apologizing for it, and refusing to refund my money. Where exactly would he like me to fade away to, if they insist on keeping me as a customer?
    "I highly suggest you quietly fade away." -President of Invision Power Services, Charles Warner -- PM to me after banning me (a lifetime license holder) for expressing my opinion that IP Dynamic will not sell, and is taking time away from the development of IPB.
      1 Not allowed!

That truly is not the way to do business.
      0 Not allowed!

With that attitude we might see them quietly fading away. Simply rude and uncalled for.
      0 Not allowed!

"I suggest you quitely fade away",
    Who does he think he is? The mafia? lmao!! People carry this poker face attitude online so much it makes me sick. Seriously, I was planning to buy 2 licenses for a couple adult communities but I'll just stick with vB now. I like to use the forum support method if I ever had a problem but not if I am going to get banned for being a critic about certain things. How do they expect to improve on things if they cant take the heat?
    Poor! very poor!
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

I prefer vB anyway support seems to be quick they have a great community of users too.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DavidL
    ...Who does he think he is? The mafia? lmao!!...
    I have to tell you I was a bit worried after that statement. I don't know these people personally, and don't know how stable they are. They do have my home address on file. I hope he just meant that I should keep my mouth shut and not make any more comments about their service or they will not honor my license at all. That's not great either, but not quite as scary.
      0 Not allowed!

Not to mention you have multiple 2.0 series boards running without a license.
    If that is true, they had reason to ban you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    Wasnt true, He got him mixed up with somebody else.
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    Its not true and I replied and told them it wasn't true...
    Why did the President of your company, Charles Warner, lie, and just make someting up, that was, and is not true, in a response to my private message regarding this matter, and state:

"Not to mention you have multiple 2.0 series boards running without a license."

As I already explained, I have zero websites up and running, let alone boards, and you are welcome to verify that in any means you feel are necessary. I would very much like to know what would make the President of your company accuse a paying customer of such a thing when it isn't true. That is just inexcusable in my view. I think the decent and proper thing for him and your company in general to do is to make an apology to me for this alone.
    Carles Warner responded...
    I apologize as it seems I mistook you for another customer.

The other points stand. A lifetime license is not refundable. Technical support is available in the client area. We have never provided support via the forums a fact which is made clear all over the site. We also make the fact clear we reserve the right to restrict access to the forums if we so choose.

Besides, if you truly do not use the license, as you mentioned you would not need support.

--------------------

Charles Warner
    Invision Power Services, Inc. - President
    cwarner@invisionpower.com - 1-800-901-5491 (434-352-4334)
    Purchase Invision Power Board - IPS Hosting
    Notice that, even though he apologized for this one thing (falsely accusing me of running multiple illegal copies) he did not apologize for anything else, you'll notice at the end he says, "if you truly do not use the license, as you mentioned" which indicated to me that he is not sincere and insinuating once again that I am using illegal copies.
    Last edited by greggish; 03-28-2005 at 08:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no way to know this for sure, but I think him saying that he confused me with another customer was just an excuse. Judging by the abusive way he treated me I think he just threw the illegal licenses out there as a tactic to scare me into going away, not talk about this in public, and not demand my money back. He probably figured there's no way to know for sure if anyone is running illegal copies so he might as well just make the accusation, and if by chance I am a thief I'll get scared and leave. The problem with that is, if the customer isn't a thief, you just accused an inocent paying customer of being a thief. This however doesn't seem to be of much concern to IPS though.
      0 Not allowed!

In real life, Lets say you went to K-Mart and one of the floorwalkers "Thinks" you took something and they grab you and take you in the back room to search you would be illegal. They have to see you take something before they can say anything at all. This resulted in a 3.something million dollar lawsuit at walmart from a walmart employee actually.
    You just cant go around calling people thiefs without proof.
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

i think the president of IPB needs to grow up and become more proffessional.

if it wasnt for critizism, then IPB wouldnt be as big as they are now, they have most likely taken alot of it in the past.

I did not find your post offensive or bad towards the company.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by slice16
    i think the president of IPB needs to grow up and become more proffessional.

if it wasnt for critizism, then IPB wouldnt be as big as they are now, they have most likely taken alot of it in the past.

I did not find your post offensive or bad towards the company.
    Thank you for your input.
      0 Not allowed!

Its sad to see comments lik that coming from a CEO..Just downright low.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Emil
    Its sad to see comments lik that coming from a CEO..Just downright low.
    Actually that comment was from the President, Charles Warner. But I did CC a copy of Charles' comment to the entire management team of Invision Power Services, including the CEO, Matt Mecham. None of the management team stepped in to correct the abuse and apologize to me for it. They continued to defend Charles' actions. They all agreed with him and made statements to me that I will not be unbanned and my money will not be refunded. Lindy Throgmartin, the COO of the company, even closed my Trouble Ticket about this matter with the following response...

As has been indicated several times now, your account will NOT be unsuspended. There is really nothing more to discuss in this regard.

--
    Lindy Throgmartin
    C.O.O. - Invision Power Services, Inc
    434-352-4334 Ext. 104
    I thought the sarcastic smiley at the end of the ticket was an especially nice touch when dealing with an upset and wronged customer that was abused and threatened by the President of the company.
    Last edited by greggish; 03-28-2005 at 09:57 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Just chargeback dude, buy vBulletin and get them to pay the $30 fee for chargebacks.
    ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Francisco
    Just chargeback dude, buy vBulletin and get them to pay the $30 fee for chargebacks.
    Thats what I would do, if it isnt too late.
    Also report them to the BBB, and maybe get police involved?
    I mean you payed them for a license for life, and they took it away for no reason.. that seems to me like they stole your money.
      0 Not allowed!

do you have a link to the post? or where it was or titled?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ilyash
    Thats what I would do, if it isnt too late.
    Also report them to the BBB, and maybe get police involved?
    I mean you payed them for a license for life, and they took it away for no reason.. that seems to me like they stole your money.
    they didn't take his license away, they took his forum access away
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Francisco
    I wish I could do a chargeback, but I paid for it with PayPal. PayPal has a policy of not allowing refund requests 45 days after a purchase. Unfortunately its been past 45 days. I do plan on buying vBulletin for my future websited though. Actually, I posted about this at vBulletin and asked them if they would treat me the same way if I made a similar post on their forum. Their answer was a clea "NO"...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132677

Most were as surprised as I was that any company would treat a paying customer in this manner.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by esh
    do you have a link to the post? or where it was or titled?
    If you mean the post I made that they banned me for...

The sooner Matt gets Dynamic out, and nobody buys it, the sooner the focus of the company can go back to improving, bug fixing, and speeding up the forum. Sorry, IPB, that's just the way I see it.
    I made that post in the "Company Product and Services Feedback"

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showforum=30

IPS deleted the thread that contained my post though. I didn't even start the thread. I was responding to somebody else that started a thread about IP Dynamic. I saved the link to my post but since they deleted it, its a dead link...

http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...post&p=1143681
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast