Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1and1 experience update

I order a dedicated root 3 server from 1and1 on Dec 16th. They said it would probably take 3 or 4 days to setup.... It's been 3 weeks now, and I can't get a hold of anyone through phone or email.

Where did you order it? (UK US OR DE?) Try calling on normal support hours

Can't get ahold of anyone, or can't get ahold of anyone that can help you?
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

wow is it really that bad...

similar price to 1and1 - any suggestions?

Hi all,

I also wonder why my e-mail have not being responded by them. I try the info and abuse e-mail. Is there any difficulty or something wrong going on that I dont know?..

[I dont know whether this is okay with the WHY rules to ask questions but delete this part if you think it's not okay, please.]
    Any ideas where I can get cheap domain registration and free e-mail account similar to 1and1 dot com. Please let me know guys, I really appreciate it, or you can even private message me...

Thank you

give em a ring 877-300-8316<-- direct to 1and1 billing
    It's not a party without an evil banana!

Yesterday I sent a long email to one of the admin addresses I found.

I also just noticed today that the price of the dedicated server I purchased has gone up on their website (from $119mo to $169mo). I'm not sure if I should read anything into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy
    Where did you order it? (UK US OR DE?) Try calling on normal support hours
    I ordered it from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by matt3830
    Yesterday I sent a long email to one of the admin addresses I found.

I also just noticed today that the price of the dedicated server I purchased has gone up on their website (from $119mo to $169mo). I'm not sure if I should read anything into that.
    Wow, glad you pointed that out! That's one heck of an increase over their original prices. I remember the first one I got from em was $49 for a root 1, now it's $99...

Hope they put the extra money into their call centers because their support still blows chunks

Support

I have had a root II and windows III server with one and one for over a year now. You are going to have to call them and not hang up until they fix the problem. If you get someone you can't understand call back. Do not expect to get a response from emails.

I was upset by the price increase too but you should not have a problem getting the price you signed up for.

If you are still having issues look on these forums or on the internet for their CEOs email address Andreas Gauger I found it once and he got it fixed... I can't remember where I found it though.

Finally got through to a person! Had to call the accounting department. Apparently I am in the #2 position and there's about 300 servers waiting. They said there was a 'delay in shipping server parts' which wasn't helped by the Christmas holidays.

Basically they told me they're really backed up (sounds like poor planning to me). But at least the agent I was talking to was pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by jkent
    I have had a root II and windows III server with one and one for over a year now. You are going to have to call them and not hang up until they fix the problem. If you get someone you can't understand call back. Do not expect to get a response from emails.

I was upset by the price increase too but you should not have a problem getting the price you signed up for.

If you are still having issues look on these forums or on the internet for their CEOs email address Andreas Gauger I found it once and he got it fixed... I can't remember where I found it though.
    I apologize for going off topic here a little, but are you saying that even if they increased the price on their website, the price when I actually bought the server will still remain as the billing price? i.e. $119.

I would be dissapointed if they increased the price on my server before they even set it up. I can't see how they could justify billing for 169mo when I just purchased it for 119mo.

Well, I have had the server with them for a year now, so my case is a little different. Not much of a difference because if they start charging me $169, they might start charging you $169 from NEXT month. You never know because they have my Credit Card number.

But not to worry, I shot them an email yesterday regarding the price change issue. Now all I have to do is wait a decade for a reply, just a cruel 1and1 support humor, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIngs
    Well, I have had the server with them for a year now, so my case is a little different. Not much of a difference because if they start charging me $169, they might start charging you $169 from NEXT month. You never know because they have my Credit Card number.

But not to worry, I shot them an email yesterday regarding the price change issue. Now all I have to do is wait a decade for a reply, just a cruel 1and1 support humor, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by netscan
    give em a ring 877-300-8316<-- direct to 1and1 billing
    Your're right about their email support, call 'em instead

I personally wouldn't pay that kind of money for a 1&1 server. I have a 1&1 server, Root Server II, for $89/mo. If I was paying $139/mo (like the price is now) then I would definately bail on them. Their support sucks HARD. Their FTP backup service has been down for a week now for a supposed "configuration" issue, I can connect to the server, login, see my files, yet cannot push any files (Permission denied). And 1&1's answer is along the lines of "oh well".

No credit, no alternative, nothing, zilch. They suck. I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnerch
    I personally wouldn't pay that kind of money for a 1&1 server. I have a 1&1 server, Root Server II, for $89/mo. If I was paying $139/mo (like the price is now) then I would definately bail on them. Their support sucks HARD. Their FTP backup service has been down for a week now for a supposed "configuration" issue, I can connect to the server, login, see my files, yet cannot push any files (Permission denied). And 1&1's answer is along the lines of "oh well".

No credit, no alternative, nothing, zilch. They suck. I hate them.
    Have you had the "configuration" problems before, or just the last week?

Quote Originally Posted by matt3830
    Have you had the "configuration" problems before, or just the last week?
    Just to make sure it is straight, it is their "configuration" issue on their FTP backup server.

Their FTP backup servers just plain suck, they are always screwed up one way or another, and are always down. Just before this permission denied problem the FTP server would take my login, password, and then just choke. Historically their FTP backup servers have always sucked, in fact they replaced the one I was on because it had problems. What totally blows me away is they are in this business and offer no redundancy whatsoever, they must have a dozen of these FTP backup servers, and they have nothing available to hot swap?

If the backup server themselves are having problems, then they, ftp servers, do not serve their only purpose.

Hasn't been set up yet. They said it would take another 1 to 2 weeks! But they did say my price would remain 119mo.

I am curious why you guys put up with this crap to begin with. there are hundreds of places out there with better service and pricing, why not just go somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by rmurray321
    I am curious why you guys put up with this crap to begin with. there are hundreds of places out there with better service and pricing, why not just go somewhere else?
    I'm seriously thinking about cancelling. I signed up for them because they were the cheapest with all of the features I wanted. For 119mo I got:

Intel Pentium 4
    3.06 GHz Hyper-Threaded or higher
    2,048 MB DDR RAM
    120 GB IDE hard drive
    1,500 GB monthly transfer volume
    External Firewall
    120 GB of backup space

If you know a place where I can get the same thing for the same price, I'd switch.

I know layeredtech has something real close to that. what is this machine going to be used for?

Quote Originally Posted by rmurray321
    I know layeredtech has something real close to that. what is this machine going to be used for?
    Is that a US based company. Do you know what their tech support is like?

yep they are in texas and I have been using them for quite some time for quite a few machines I have now. Tech support has always been good for me and they are an all around good company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast