Thumbs up ewebzone. a great reliable host.

I have been with ewebzone.net for about 6 weeks or so and it has been a very pleasant experience. Not 1 problem.

They advertize great support and deliver it--pretty much right away. No waiting around with these dudes. This was very important to me since I am pretty much inept, but getting better. I have not needed them in a while,but I know they are there if I do need them.

The servers are always up and running quickly. Pages load fast, and that is all I care about along with the great suppport. I have never not had my site be there.

I would encourage anybody to try them. They always have some special going. Take advantage of it. You will not be disappointed.

My deal was for 3 months at the price of $.01. I am staying with them when that runs out. I see no reason to leave. There may be others out there as good,but none better. Why not give them a try.

Hi there,

Glad everything is going well - 1cent for hosting? What domain are you hosting with them?

Thanks

$.01 for 3 months----not forever!!!!!

http://www.therockpile.org/

At the bottom of the page you will see what the site is made up of. It is basically a smf forum with a portal

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php.

It is somewhat new and will be getting out of beta soon. It is very stable as is. I highly reccomend that too.
    Last edited by joneq; 04-05-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Glad to see you are happy with this provider, keep us updated as time progresses.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I've worked with them on a web design project... Great experience!

Cool four months with eWebZone and it has been a breeze

We have a reseller account with eWebZone for four months now and it has been a breeze so far. The best selling point for this hosting company is it's level of support. You never feel cold or distant relationship and you really feel everything is being done to solve your problem.

Things are announced in advance and problems are mittigated while a fix is prepared.

Five **** for eWebZone !

Vtrain

Thanks for your revieuw on this company. I get the feeling that there are way more bad revieuws on these forums then good. Thanks for taking the time to announce the good sides of a company
    Fast Hosting, Fast Support
    koahost.com

a while back i contacted a member of eWebZone.net's staff, They gave me a reseller account and allowed me to pay a week later as finance was tight at the time. For this i instantly respected them. I've had 100% uptime and my traffic and high demands have always been met with optimal performance, i can't thank them enough and i would reccomend them to ANYONE!

Hey, glad to hear of your good experience! Keep us posted as to how things go for you in the future. Cheers!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Quote Originally Posted by user24787
    a while back i contacted a member of eWebZone.net's staff, They gave me a reseller account and allowed me to pay a week later as finance was tight at the time. For this i instantly respected them. I've had 100% uptime and my traffic and high demands have always been met with optimal performance, i can't thank them enough and i would reccomend them to ANYONE!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We value your business, and hope you remain our client for many years to come. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-28-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Glad to see your happy with them, Good Luck.

I will have to add my voice to this topic. I have been with ewebzone about 2
    months and I have never had it so good with webhosting since I've been at it.

Before them, I used 2 different hosts in the space of 3 months, so you can be sure I was pissed and skeptical when I was trying them out. But I have so far been impressed. For one I have probably never seen such customer service online. Consider that when I started, I didn't know a great deal about the technicalities of web hosting and I probably sent them like a million mails asking for help. Their customer service was always patient and helpful.

I have not had any problem with my website since I been with them. So very unlike my past 2 hosts, and I wish I could have been warned about them before I used them. So perhaps this should serve as a guide for newbies and those looking for a good host, in every sense of the word.

Lastly. the fact that the company is willing to let you try their service for a week free of charge can only mean that they really are sure of themselves. I doubt that I ever came across any company that gave me a free trial of their product BEFORE paying. and trust me when I say that I looked at A LOT of companies. That one just blew me away, and gave me all the more reason to try them.

So ewebzone, if you are listening. Keep up the good work. If you are a newbie or looking to change to a reliable and affordable host. ewebzone is the place to go.

Kanayo

Thumbs up 6 months review

6 months review

Dear All,

After my first very short review about eWebZone I will try to write a more complete review about this host. In this introduction I must say this is my second host and before this one I had a reseller plan with Hostgator for about 3 years. I'm at ewebzone for 6 months. So much of my experience comes from the comparison between this two hosts.

I will divide my review in four:
    1. Sales.
    2. Support.
    3. Server.
    4. General Feeling.
    In 1) I will document some issues I had because I thing that less good experiences show much more about how the hoster handles things.

In 2) I will try to comment on my support experiences.

In 3) I will document my feeling about server speed, stability and configuration. I will give some examples of what I think is good and compare with my old host.

in 4) My feeling and recommendation about eWebZone.

so let's start

1) Sales
    • Plans may lose unused add-ons over time.
    One of the main things that made me sign with this host was a billing software included in the plan. I particularly asked about that and was told it was included. I decided to do a one month paid trial period before asking for the billing software. One month after when I asked for it I was told the plans had changed and only the bigger plan had it included. Because of this I decided to stay a few more months with my old host billing software while investigating for billing softwares.
    • Over billing and PayPal subscriptions.
    I did not notice I was accepting a PayPal subscription when I signed in. I was over billed since invoices where created in the host billing software independently to the PayPal subscription and I paid them manually. I only discovered this after 4 months of payments (two over billings). It was necessary to document all payments to sort this out.
    • Billing software and custom quotes.
    I decided to install a billing software. When I was deciding which one, the host gave me a custom quote for a particular billing software. I was not told the quote was valid for a limit of 7 days. The host installed a 15 days beta trial version version of the software. I used the sofware and was happy with it. I let the software trial license expire and 17 days after installation (the first 1 day after expiration) I accepted the custom quote. I was told the custom quote was only valid for 7 days.
    • Sitebuilders
    I was looking for website builders for two of my clients. I asked sales if they knew a good one and they said they were also looking for the same. I continued for a few weeks and shared my ideas with them. They came out with a cpanel integrated website builder and offered it for free. I'm still taking a look at it but seems good enough for what I was looking for. I may stop looking and stay with the offer.

I must say that in all this problems I never felt bad reaction to my questions. Sales always read my e-mails and gave an answer in a few hours. Some of the problems were not crystal clear and it took several e-mail change and a few days until everything was sorted out.

2) Support

After many support tickets there isn't one I was not happy in the end. The hoster support always made maximum effort to solve the problems or mitigate them. The thing that what I like most is the support interacting between the client and the host. In my previous host, an open ticket was answered by many different people and if you had a not crystal clear problem you would get random answers. Things took much more time to be solved and if one had no patience one would get pissed off very fast. The support technicians very often gave you the most simple answer not trying to understand your support request. On this host you do not feel you are only one customer in hundreds of other ones. You feel you are valued as a client.

The only down side is that in 6 months I have seen 3 different support sites. It's hard to track old support tickets because of this.

In general, all experiences were good. I include here pro-active action to sort problems that were on the horizont, very fast but complete answers to doubts and questions, solutions being given to particular necessities I raised.

3) Server
    • Speed.
    I staied an Hostgator reseller for about 3 years (Jan 2004- Jan 2007). I can tell the eWebZone server I have been the last 6 months is much faster then the server I was in Hostgator. In particular I feel this on database queries. Two examples:
    i) in WHM when one clicks "edit DNS zones" my Hostgator server took ages to load all domains. In eWebZone this was almost instantaneous.

ii) phpBB forum. One of my clients has a 100.000 hits (XXX visits) phpBB forum. The forum load is much faster on eWebZone then it was on HG.

I think the more recent eWebZone dual AMD Operons made the difference against HG old 2.4Ghz dual Intel Xeons.
    • Stability.
    I cannot speak a lot about this yet since I have not much time with eWebZone. I can tell that in 6 months I had about 3 downtimes: One of them I was told 4h hours in advance by email that a server reboot and kernel upgrade was going to be done; another of them was simultaneous which a DDOS attack to the server. Any of them was for less then 30 minutes.
    • Configuration.
    The server seems well configured.

Mod_security is installed to protect our scripts. I had once I problem with mod security preventing me to use the back office of a phpESP survey but opening a support ticket prompted a fast resolution of the issue with mod security reconfiguration.

Recently phpSuexec was installed without being told in advance. Many of my client sites were giving 500 apache error because php flags in .htaccess files and 777 permission directories. A dozen minutes after I opened a support ticket all sites were back online. I'm happy to have phpSuExec, pitty i was not told in advance to prepare myself. This is not worse then what happened on my previous host (hostgator) where we were told in advance that "servers" were beeing upgraded. I spend for more them 4 months checking everyday if I had to change all directories to 755 permissions, etc... and nothing. They never gave a time frame of the change... and one day, when not expecting, the change was made and many sites were down.

I have access to more features in WHM then I had on my previous host. One example: I can change my clients cpanel usernames directly in WHM without paying 5 USD like I had to do before. I have access to WHM SSL key instalation while on my prevican install an ous host I had to e-mail them the purchased SSL key and pay 5 USD to have it installed on a particular domain.

eWebzone gives jailel SSH access to the main reseller account. This is particularly good if you have linux skills since will minimize time when you need to do ftp backups, fill an empty mysql database from a text file, etc.

4) General feeling.

eWebzone is a trustable host, with good support and good prices. Support is its strongest selling point. I can tell I trust fully that support will solve quickly any problem that may rise. It seems the hoster is growing fast and one may feel the usual growing pains. Plans change very often and the host website too. In 6 months eWebZone website was completely redesigned, plans hanged several times, the host billing software changed once and the ticket support site changed twice. Maybe I was just unlucky of having this changes in my first 6 months and things will settle down now...

Rates:

A) Sales

6 out of 10

C) Support

9 out of 10

C) Server.

8 out of 10

D) General feeling.

Value for the Money (8 out of 10)

Overall (8 out of 10)
    I recomment eWebZone. Try them out and give them a chance, you will not be disappointed !

Vtrain

Last edited by vtrain; 02-28-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Vtrain and kanayo, what domain do you have hosted with them?

anon-e-mouse,

Cannot post any of them....

"You need five posts before being able to use any of this board's Vb code features. Including smilies and linking to URLs."

Vtrain

Glad to see your Good Experience.
    Sadiq Corporation
    Since 2004 - Shared Linux Hosting
    Pixel Ad Site

Quote Originally Posted by vtrain
    anon-e-mouse,

Cannot post any of them....

"You need five posts before being able to use any of this board's Vb code features. Including smilies and linking to URLs."

Vtrain
    You can use this link to tell us

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4386718

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    You can use this link to tell us
    [snip]
    Did not know about that link. But that link says "Report Bad Post"??

Nevertheless, I created a a support ticket in the helpdesk doing exactly that. It was more them 20h ago. Ticket ID:XHR-10203

Vtrain

Thanks for taking the time to review our services. We hope to have you as a client for many years to come.

Cheers!