Precision Effect 6 Month Review

Today marks the sixth month that I have been hosting under Precision Effect, so I thought, what better way to celebrate than by posting an updated review?

Here we go, credit out to mattster for a simple, sleek review template.

My Plan

Platinum: $12.00 / Month for 1 GB Space / 25 GB Bandwidth.

Usage

Now, my website that I host with PE is my friend's bands website. They do not receive 100,000 hits per month, but I do generally make my way towards at least 1 GB of bandwidth usage per month, while I am currently sitting at almost 60 MB worth of Space usage. I like to know that I am able to fluxuate and host side-websites with ease.

Support

Since my last review, I have not needed to submit any tickets for help. I have not received any complaints from other people about the website having problems and thus, have had a smooth ride since my beginning. Incase you may not have seen my first thread, the only real problem I had was finding out how to navigate myself around the new panel as PE is my first Plesk webhost. In the end, it was simple and easy and they were great with tutorials and things to help me along the way.

Uptime

You can see right here, that their uptime has yet to drop past 98% which I believe is a great reason to consider Precision Effect for your webhosting needs, as it shows that they are able to withstand usage without seeing much, if any, downtime. I'm impressed thusfar and hope the trend continues for many more months.

Speed

Uploading and downloading files to edit are about as fast as blinking 3 times real fast, depending on the filesize. I have no complaints about their hosting speed and website wise, downloads are a rarity atm but the odd file has come pretty fast. Very good for me so far in this category.

Other

They are good with notifying customers a day or more if they plan to do some maintenance work, which I have noticed, has been a rarity. Nonetheless, they have been a great company thus far and I can only see many more months with them.

Conclusion

I would recommend no other Plesk webhost to you, than Precision Effect. You will not be let down, should you choose to go with PE , top notch company
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Great review! Seems to be a winner, its rare to see such good reviews these days. I'm glad some hosts out there are still up to par

Very nice detailed review, thank you for sharing with the rest of us. Looks like you've found yourself the perfect web host

Good to hear, nice going Precision Effect.
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

Quartz,

Thank you for another in-depth review! We're very honored to have you as a client, especially for you to be satisfied throughout these 6 months. As always, if there's anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.

If anyone is wondering, the site he has hosted with us is available in his profile.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Steve

Quick Update: Today marks the nine month anniversary after signing up with Precision Effect and three months later after this review had been posted.

I just wanted to take a few minutes and update everything that things are still going great with Precision Effect. I have not seen or heard any complaints about web site downtime.

A lot has changed since I last posted this, such as their Version 2 release of their website, introducing their new Precision Pro package for businesses and the background work of improvement as always.

If you're looking for a Qualty, Professional, and Reliable web host, then look no further than Precision Effect. Their web site can be found HERE
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Excellent to hear that PE is continuing to grow and improve upon a service that was already considered to pretty darn good.

Kudos to you PE. (I personally like the chocolate chip kudos but I don't think that is what I was referencing but after saying that - I'm hungry and think I will get me a kudos in reference to you guys. See what your doing - making me fat.)

Da'Gum!

Quartz, thanks for the update. We're glad you're still satisfied with our service.

jerett, thanks as well.

Thanks for the review. I have been tracking them for awhile now and thought they looked like pros, but now I have been able to confirm thanks to your review. Thanks man
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Hi Quartz,

because of your enthusiasm with Precision Effect, I opened a ticket with a few questions.. But their respond time is not very fast.. After 3 hours I still didn't get any reply.. Is their response always this slow or is it just that I've bad luck..??

Quote Originally Posted by nicholaszen
    Hi Quartz,

because of your enthusiasm with Precision Effect, I opened a ticket with a few questions.. But their respond time is not very fast.. After 3 hours I still didn't get any reply.. Is their response always this slow or is it just that I've bad luck..??
    I just looked through our ticket system and do not see a response time over 2 hours for any of our tickets. Please send me your ticket ID in a private message so I can look into the issue.

Thanks
    Last edited by dgarbus; 01-22-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Hi Dave,

I think my account here is not fully activated yet.. so can't PM you.. hehe..

Would it be good.. if I post the ticket-ID here?

Oh btw.. it wasn't 3 hrs.. it was 2,5 hrs.. sorry..

Hi Dave,

I think my account here is not fully activated yet.. so can't PM you.. hehe..

Would it be good.. if I post the ticket-ID here?

Oh btw.. it wasn't 3 hrs.. it was 2,5 hrs.. sorry..
    Sure, that'd be fine if you posted the ticket ID here. Also, our ticket system doesn't have any tickets from a name of 'nicholas', assuming your username here is your real name.

Hi Steve,

no the username I use here is just a pseudonym.. hehe..

This is my ticket number: AXI-428969

But what I don't understand.. why you're here replying my posts.. and to be honest quite quickly.. but the ticket I posted is still not answered.. also I can't login to the support center with the login info the sc generated to me..

Hope to hear from you soon..

Hi Steve,

no the username I use here is just a pseudonym.. hehe..

This is my ticket number: AXI-428969

But what I don't understand.. why you're here replying my posts.. and to be honest quite quickly.. but the ticket I posted is still not answered.. also I can't login to the support center with the login info the sc generated to me..

Hope to hear from you soon..
    Steve and myself both responded to your ticket. I am not sure why you haven't received an email or why you cannot log into our support center. I will be personally emailing you the information that was posted earlier to the address you provided.

Ok Dave,

I wait for your email..

Edit:

I received your email.. thank you.. maybe something went wrong in the mail system.. always possible..

I've another question, is it possible you guys do the transfer from my current hosting to yours..?
    Last edited by nicholaszen; 01-22-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Yes, we will transfer the files/databases from your existing host to our servers for free.

Feel free to contact me at my personal address if you have any further questions.

Glad to hear things are still going well after 9 months. Is that uptime report for their homepage or their server? If it's for their server are all of their hosted sites on one box?
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    Glad to hear things are still going well after 9 months. Is that uptime report for their homepage or their server? If it's for their server are all of their hosted sites on one box?
    The link to those uptime statistics are for the server that current shared customers will be placed on. Our website is hosted on its own dedicated server, as well as our PrecisionPro plans. We'll give that an update fairly soon so keep an eye out.

I also get a PE plan today... and my first impression is that PE is very helpfull especially Dave.. and that the speed is fast in comparison with the seven providers I had so far.. And especially if I know the server is in the USA and I'm in The Netherlands/Belgium (small countries in Europe)..

So must say.. first impression is very good.. hope this will stay..

I also get a PE plan today... and my first impression is that PE is very helpfull especially Dave.. and that the speed is fast in comparison with the seven providers I had so far.. And especially if I know the server is in the USA and I'm in The Netherlands/Belgium (small countries in Europe)..

So must say.. first impression is very good.. hope this will stay..
    We're very happy to know that you've been satisfied so far. As always, please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.