Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question AWBS or WHMCS?? Which one is Better?

I am opening hosting service, i am thinking to buy automate script which will auto create cpanel account. I saw almost all cpanel auto account creator script. Now i am stuck with awbs or whmcs. Tell me which one is better. Seems that awbs have more feature.

Looking forward to see some replys.

AWBS has a few more features, but WHMCS is a lot easier to use and its client templating system is very clean and smartiezed. I had my staff look over both admin insterfaces and they unanimously chose WHMCS. I am very happy i decided to go with it.

We use AWBS on ECSPortal.com and so far have been fairly happy with it. Although, it does have several little quirks that we do not like and the fact that they will advertise support for some services (ie. DirectAdmin) that do not fully work is a pain. If I had the choice again, I'd go WHMCS if it supported DA.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Without a doubt , WHMCS:
    AWBS is poorly supported, poorly put together, and at last check didn't support php5. On top of this, the indidivuals "supporting" AWBS have no clue what they're doing.

Case in point:
    I requested support from them quite some time back on an issue that , well, was a bit frustrating. It had something to do with prices not showing up right.
    As usual, they requested a login, so I set one up for them. Once this was done, I tested BOTH my login AND theirs, and it worked fine, so I passed the login info on to them.
    Within 1/2 hour I received a mail saying "your database is corrupted. We tried XXX fix and it seems to have worked".
    I went to my website, and it was COMPLETELY stock, NOTHING was working as far as my logins.
    Once I reloaded the backup I made BEFORE they went in there, everything was normal again, but UNTIL then, even I couldn't login.

There have been numerous issues which were critical and cost customers a good deal of money , opened up with the AWBS team. Their response? Shrug it off for months on end.

WHMCS on the other hand is very easily and quickly supported, DOES support php5, and , Matt will make ANY changes necessary to keep a client a client, or get them to become a client!

Case in point:
    When moving from MB to WHMCS, I also upgraded from php5 to php5.1 (since mb4 doesn't support 5.1). This meant a great deal of changes to the arrays, as usual. Matt was right on top of the support piping, and had it upgraded to work within 5.1 within 24 hours of being informed WHAT the actual problem was (took some testing on both of our ends). I'd say THAT is reasonable support, in fact, beyond so
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Hi,

I prefer AWBS, it has more features, excellent support, and continuos updates with new modules and features. Fast response to clients request.

We have been using AWBS for some time, switched over to modernbill this week and arent looking back.
    || Josh Anderson - CVO A&M Hosting
    || A&M Hosting | Virtual Private Servers
    || US | UK
    || No overselling guaranteed

I use AWBS, it's ok, but I'm moving to a total solution, H-Shere

We use whmcs and strongly recommend it to everyone. It is more profesional. And you can buy it from resellers. I bought it from licensepal.com and so you can get help from both whmcs.com and from licensepal.com . And also it is cheaper tha awbs
    Kind regards

WHMCS is in a great place right now - they've had their ups and downs, but there is no question about it being the best all-in-one system out there.

Great purchase for the price

I'd strongly recommend AWBS due to its plenty features and many things which make it the best I've ever tried.
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by SoFiMaN
    I'd strongly recommend AWBS due to its plenty features and many things which make it the best I've ever tried.
    And have you tried whmcs?

Moved from clientexec to WHMCS... I am loving WHMCS. Only criticism I have is that it does not have MaxMind telephone verification built in. It's available through a plug in, but that plug in is very buggy indeed...

However, still very happy with WHMCS..

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr
    And have you tried whmcs?
    I mentioned at my post "The best I've ever tried" and AWBS have much more features.
    Mostafa
    http://www.Venatra.com
    Venatra.com .:. Specializing in VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by SoFiMaN
    I mentioned at my post "The best I've ever tried" and AWBS have much more features.
    AWBS may have "much more features", but the implementation is slow, the support is pathetic, and there are so many bugs that are (still) in there that it's just not worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    AWBS may have "much more features", but the implementation is slow, the support is pathetic, and there are so many bugs that are (still) in there that it's just not worth using.

More slow that MB for example?

I always have obtained very fast answers to all my support requests

what bugs you talk about?

More slow that MB for example?
    Much more.
    For example:
    AWBS was notified in February of last year that their software was billing clients early (or late in some cases), always random dates. At one point, this cost a client around $500 due to late fees for rent, etc, and got that specific client VERY upset with me.

Their solution?
    We've fixed the problem, but we won't release it until the next update.

The next update?
    November of last year

So, for 9 months, I had to deal with this. Needless to say, it cost me the client, simply because they couldn't fix this issue.

what bugs you talk about?
    Do a search on their forums for date issues. It took years for them to say "oh, we've got this fixed". Of course, the bug still exists, or it did when I stopped using their software in Februar.

Bug A:
    Client would signup for package which was a "non-hosting" package
    Client would pay
    Package would be inserted into database with a date of "1969" or something like that.
    Client would receive numerous invoices, pre-dated

Bug B:
    with Kayako's integration (which they wrote, and of course, encoded), certain mail extensions were constantly returning invalid when logging in. This was tested and found to be a bug by myself.

They were notified of this bug early this year (Around January I believe)
    In March/April, the bug STILL existed, and they had made no effort whatsoever to fix the thing, or reply to my tickets saying it was being worked on.

Of course, in March/April of this year, they still had no php5 support, despite the fact that php5 had already been out for almost 2 years. This only shows you how slow the development on this system goes.

Now, let's compare this to the incredibly speedy and fast support of Matt @ WHMCS, shall we?

When I opened up a ticket 2, maybe 3 weeks ago saying "This is broken", it took us about 48 hours to identify the problem (php 5.1 wasn't supported), and resolve it. THIS is the speed of the resolutions at WHMCS, as opposed to MONTHS of no response, no fix from AWBS.

When I opened up a non critical, low priority support ticket with Matt @ WHMCS, asking for simple integration instructions, I received a response within 24 hours, with detailed information. Now THAT's what I call support, right there. Compare this to AWBS and their pathetically poor, uninformative, argumentative support.

The question I have is there a billing system that will migrate you from AWBS?
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin
    The question I have is there a billing system that will migrate you from AWBS?
    Doesnt look like anything has officially been released for whmcs for awbs migration, but ask here and i would be surprised if matt didnt have something for you by the end of the week.

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopi...ht=awbs+import

It's really not THAT hard to design something to integrate from system A to system B. I setup an AWBS -> MB integration pretty seamlessly, shouldn't be hard to get to WHMCS .

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    WHMCS on the other hand is very easily and quickly supported, DOES support php5, and , Matt will make ANY changes necessary to keep a client a client, or get them to become a client!
    ??? I doubt about your saying. You must be a different name of Matt.
    I got reply for my ticket from whmcs is more than 6 hours.
    And, I try to convince Mat, the only person who manages the script (i guess) to enable customized username and password when automatically create cpanel accounts, since it is more likely the whmcs will generate the same username, but Matt will never consider about it.

Poor support and unmatured script!

Poor support and unmatured script!
    Your request is hardly indicative of "poor support". Simply because he won't do something that ONE person wants does NOT mean that the script is "poorly supported", it means that he is managing his time and abilities properly. If youwant this added, do things in the proper fashion, open up a forum post, get OTHER's feedback on this, and if it's got enough support, it WILL be added.

Allowing the user to choose their own u/p is a minimalistic feature request.

SUPPORTING one's product means taking valued feedback, making it better, fixing BUGS in the script. For example:

On Friday afternoon, I opened a ticket re: passwords, and how they're stored in the database unencrypted. Within 24 hours, he responded to the ticket, assuring me that this would be resolved in the next release, but the server passwords would remain unencrypted, due to necessity.

After responding with numerous ways to encrypt the system passwords so that it is unencryptable, again, he responded (again within 24h) stating that system passwords would be encrypted as well in the db.

This is VERY indicative of a developer providing PROPER support, LISTENING to what their clients say, and taking their advice on things. I can NOT think of ANY other system which does this at all

overall, I like whmcs l lot. It is a good script. but I am just not happy about its lacking of some fetal features. Maybe I've just expected a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by sunlift
    overall, I like whmcs l lot. It is a good script. but I am just not happy about its lacking of some fetal features. Maybe I've just expected a lot....
    Well i hardly consider a reply just over 6 hours as poor.

And you're right, you probably are expecting too much, if there was a perfect product, it would have no competitors. Unfortunately nothing is perfect but only what is closest.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

AWBS by far if you are choosing from the two. Rich in features and easily can grow with your company. It's bit on the ugly side at times - but overall - great system. I personall like CE (I don't need all the bells and whistles).

AWBS only, because its actually worth much much more then any other billing script, yeah it automates everything and you need not do anything. It has way more then plugins/integrations with panels, service providers, processors etc. I am yet to find more functional software then AWBS, But their theme sucks big time, Last time i saw on their forums, they published a thread writing they are coming up with a new theme engine for a better AWBS.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast