Review on Seeksadmin

Hi everyone,
    We are a hosting company in Malaysia. In order to make sure someone is available to look after our server 24x7, I've asked the guys at Seeksadmin to help us. I chose them because Tris is my friend since some time, and I have the confidence in him and since he is in UK, I find the time zone difference just nice to cover our night time.

The US Linux server I was using in the past few years was a fully managed server. I don't have to worry anything about server management as the server was perfectly managed with excellent uptime. However, I needed a better connectivity for our customers in Malaysia to connect to our server, thus we had to move to another network provider.

We migrated our US Linux server officially on September and of course, Seeksadmin officially helped us to look after our server end of September. I've used cPanel/WHM account migration before, and I remember nothing but lots of headache especially in transferring large accounts from server to server. Thus, the first job they did for me was to ensure a smooth server migration. As expected, the transfer wasn't smooth with cPanel/WHM account transfer but Tris personally helped me to make sure everything is perfectly fine by doing some manual transfer. I am grateful that he has scheduled and performed a smooth transfer for me at last

The next thing of course was securing our new server. Matt helped me to perform this task. This is a server backend task that I can't comment much. But after the work, I did ask my colleague to check what they have done, everything looks fine. At least you can expect them to really do the work, and they are definitely not those who bill you for doing nothing, since you "can't see" the result or worse to happen, help you to screw your server up if the sysadmins are not experienced enough.

Another thing that they helped me was optimising my server. I am pleased by the result as I can see a significant drop in server load after the work. Sebastian was the admin that was assigned to handle this task, and he did it professionally.

My only bad experience with Seeksadmin was with the junior admin. Two weeks ago my server's exim was having some issues. It happened after the nightly cPanel automatic upgrade. Tris wasn't online in MSN when I wanted him to solve the problem, so I tried submitting a ticket as I was in a rush. My colleague was busy as well. I was attended by a junior admin from Seeksadmin who asked me lots of questions to understand the problem (the ticket has 25 emails sent between us from start till end), that I finally got fed up and asked my colleague to solve the problem. That's the only bad experience I have with them.

So far I'm really satisfied by Tris, Matt and Sebastian's performance. Tris is always available in MSN on weekdays but not the weekends lately. Probably he has to accompany his family, I guess.

In conclusion, I will recommend Seeksadmin to anyone who needs a remote admin. One good thing about them is, although they do not have as many sysadmins as other companies out there, but you can expect their senior admins to be highly qualified. The best is of course if you're lucky enough to have Tris or Matt to help you handle the work.

Good luck to you!
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Thanks for the review Michael.

Firstly I would like to say sorry about that Junior admin, we are currently training him and he should not have been working on the ticket without supervision. But that has now been sorted and everything is ok.

As far as staff are concerned yesterday I hired 5 new staff to help us lower our response times and improve the quality of our services. You should see them popping up very soon.

Once again thanks for the review it is appreciated
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

Dear Tris,
    You're welcome. I'm posting this honest review on Seeksadmin (it contains both the pros and cons of your services) and hopefully it will benefit people who are looking for management services. And I'm glad to know that you've increased the number of staff you have!

My apologies that I couldn't reply to your few MSN messages sent to me few days ago. I am really busy at this moment. I'll talk to you in MSN again when I'm free

Thanks and all the best to Seeksadmin!
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup