Thread: best of data...

best of data...

I recently came across this website, and all I can say is wow.. That dedicated package is amazing, but does it live up to those specs? I understand its not possible to achieve 100mbps on a 100mbps line, so what I'm wonderis is if it achieves 10-20mbps down? Also what about upload speed?

I'm wanting a dedicated server under 100$ a month to run a Diablo II server and I need atleast 1gb of ram, a decent processor, 4tb + a month of bandwith, and ATLEAST 10mbps down/up and wonderful latency... I also read that it is based out of france or something? How would the latency be for people in US and Canada?...

Thanks

unfortunately your budget is to low

no, its hard to push above 20mbit in europe, US forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by mihd
    US forget about it
    Why do you think so?

Why do you think so?
    i dont think so, i know that connectivity to US from this crowd is not the best!
    and yes the line is capped at 20-30mbit (so much for 100mbit unmetered...)

Quote Originally Posted by NameServer
    Why do you think so?
    Because even they admit that they have a problem with international data transfer.

Since I have a server from them I can say that they cap at 20mbit 24 hours a day and transfer speeds to the US suck.

here a picture says a thousand words

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3776/image2ot8.png

Quote Originally Posted by rruunn
    I recently came across this website, and all I can say is wow.. That dedicated package is amazing, but does it live up to those specs? I understand its not possible to achieve 100mbps on a 100mbps line, so what I'm wonderis is if it achieves 10-20mbps down? Also what about upload speed?

I'm wanting a dedicated server under 100$ a month to run a Diablo II server and I need atleast 1gb of ram, a decent processor, 4tb + a month of bandwith, and ATLEAST 10mbps down/up and wonderful latency... I also read that it is based out of france or something? How would the latency be for people in US and Canada?...

Thanks
    Why would you need so much bandwidth to run a Diablo II server?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NameServer
    unfortunately your budget is to low
    what about 200$ or under

also screw bestdata because this email tech said;
    USA/Canada Ping: approx. 110ms

hahahaha 110 ms thats crap

110ms
    It is not bad

Quote Originally Posted by rruunn
    110 ms thats crap
    That's reality. The speed of light is fixed, and France is across the ocean from the US. Obviously if you're going a longer distance your latency is going to be higher.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

i have 10 servers there , all capped to 28-30Mbps, at first it worked great, now its capped with the excuse that they are waiting for bandwidth upgrade.

wont happen

well the server im playing on now people get under 90 and if the dedicated server it self cant even get 90 the people playing on my server would be getting 150 or so wouldn tthey ://

Quote Originally Posted by addict3d
    i have 10 servers there , all capped to 28-30Mbps, at first it worked great, now its capped with the excuse that they are waiting for bandwidth upgrade.

wont happen
    well for a gameserver for 50-100 people 10-20mbits is more then enough ;o

110 ms thats crap
    we if you in the US theres plenty of tier1 providers that can get you low latency bandwidth

as such this costs alot