Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation WARNING: SKYLAR MACMINN / CRISSIC IS BACK!

Hello WHT,

Mr. Skylar M / Crissic is back. If anyone doesn't know, this user who is 16 started a firm, let it grow, then ran out of funds and quit >> leaving all data down for days and then leaving it online for 2 days..no refunds, nothing.

There's quite some proof about it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/263x4i9.png => his old MSN, saying to add his new one.

His old username, CrissicSolutions, is now changed to BuzzServers-SM on WHT.

It's the last post currently on this forum thread here:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...=586384&page=2

that worries me the most; posted by Buzz themselves >>

Correct, we have hired Skylar MacMinn. He's a student, out of school now and he's got a lot of raw technical talent that's sometimes hard to find. He's looking to start up himself in the future again and we are offering him the help he needs to get there over the next couple of months. He is not on a permanent placement.
      0 Not allowed!

Sucks totally!

Kudos for informing!
    ~ Abby
      0 Not allowed!

Hey All

Please dont take this the wrong way, but good for him. I have read about the Crissic Issue on WHT, and do feel sorry for their former customers. Skylar has no business owning a hosting company. With that said, I am sure he is not stupid (tech wise) and does show some potential, thus being an employee of a hosting company may be the best thing for him.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Skylar is back, not running a company. He has been active on messengers for quite some time.

He's doing some basic tech work, that's all. He's not done anything wrong and is now out of school. Whilst he ran Crissic he was finishing school and couldn't cope, but now he is out and is fighting strong

We've offering him a position because he DOES hold talent and he has displayed interest in setting up in the future, but that's his own choice.

Chris Gotzman, failed his working at a business and went to work for another company being paid because he holds talent. Same case with Skylar, he holds talent and why should anyone refuse him paid work!?
    Last edited by JSCL; 06-24-2009 at 04:03 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Skylar is back, not running a company. He has been active on messengers for quite some time.

He's doing some basic tech work, that's all. He's not done anything wrong and is now out of school. Whilst he ran Crissic he was finishing school and couldn't cope, but now he is out and is fighting strong

We've offering him a position because he DOES hold talent and he has displayed interest in setting up in the future, but that's his own choice.

Chris Gotzman, failed his working at a business and went to work for another company being paid because he holds talent. Same case with Skylar, he holds talent and why should anyone refuse him paid work!?

Because of this:

He's looking to start up himself in the future again and we are offering him the help he needs to get there over the next couple of months.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shikhir A View Post
    Because of this:
    he has displayed interest in potentially setting up in the future and he's not earning money, so he is working in a paid role with us. We are helping him get a kick start from leaving shcool by offering him paid work.
      0 Not allowed!

he has displayed interest in potentially setting up in the future and he's not earning money, so he is working in a paid role with us. We are helping him get a kick start from leaving shcool by offering him paid work.

Leaving school? You mean the summer? You are paying him money but potentially helping him otherwise.
      0 Not allowed!

Leaving school? You mean the summer? You are paying him money but potentially helping him otherwise.
    No, he's left school for good, ended. We aren't offering him free services, we're paying him just like any other employee and he can make his own way from there.

I don't see you to be complaining that someone who's own business failed has returned, your business failed and you are starting up a month or so later. Who's worse!?
      0 Not allowed!

No, he's left school for good, ended. We aren't offering him free services, we're paying him just like any other employee and he can make his own way from there.

I don't see you to be complaining that someone who's own business failed has returned, your business failed and you are starting up a month or so later. Who's worse!?

Fail and Scam. Let's define.

Mr. Skylar: Starts up a company, which is 1-2 people max working, gets a mixture of bad and good reviews. Decides he ran out of money and goes away, for a week, servers are down, finally gets LSN (since they are nice) to put up the nodes for 2 days, doesn't refund anyone but a few (and I asked plenty, don't BS anyone here they will post ) -- and leaves. Abandoning, stealing, wtf?

Me:
    Started up a company, which had 12 people working for it, gets only good reviews, doesn't run out of money what-so-ever, has a downtime for 48 hours and spends $XXX and gets the data back up, sells the company to the very reputable world-renowned VAServ LTD., refunds each customer (ask them, I can take a picture of PayPal and 2checkout as well) -- and then stays, not leaves, continues to answer e-mails, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Fail and Scam. Let's define.

Mr. Skylar: Starts up a company, which is 1-2 people max working, gets a mixture of bad and good reviews. Decides he ran out of money and goes away, for a week, servers are down, finally gets LSN (since they are nice) to put up the nodes for 2 days, doesn't refund anyone but a few (and I asked plenty, don't BS anyone here they will post ) -- and leaves. Abandoning, stealing, wtf?

Me:
    Started up a company, which had 12 people working for it, gets only good reviews, doesn't run out of money what-so-ever, has a downtime for 48 hours and spends $XXX and gets the data back up, sells the company to the very reputable world-renowned VAServ LTD., refunds each customer (ask them, I can take a picture of PayPal and 2checkout as well) -- and then stays, not leaves, continues to answer e-mails, etc.
    Am I here, arguing about Skylar and his own company which didn't work out? No.

I'm here defending your petty attempt to put MY company down. He's a good worker, he doesn't cry on WHT because people don't like him by creating threads about it. He get's on with life and wants to get his foot back in the industry.

Pacific Rack hired Chris Gotzman, he didn't do so well in business, but he's a successful worker there.

We hired Skylar, he didn't do so well in business, but he's providng to be a successful worker as most of our clients who have dealt with him would say.

People like myself, Richard and Jon are delighted to work with him, he has more raw talent than you will EVER have.
      0 Not allowed!

People like myself, Richard and Jon are delighted to work with him, he has more raw talent than you will EVER have.
    That's up to you -- can't admit that. But anyone who doesn't have enough money to pay for a $150 LSN node shouldn't be running a business.
      0 Not allowed!

Chris Gotzman is successful at Pacific Rack but according to the post on that forum you are HELPING Skylar START UP. Chris knew he didn't succeed, and didn't try to open a business for years.

Someone capable of opening a business shouldn't have to work part-time at a small business making wage to run it.
      0 Not allowed!

Although I do not agree with Skylar's actions and what he has said in the past, I still think there is no problem with him working for a company. He's not running the company, he's just an employee. Just because his business failed, why should he be deprived of work?
      0 Not allowed!

That's up to you -- can't admit that. But anyone who doesn't have enough money to pay for a $150 LSN node shouldn't be running a business.
    Well, we aren't in a position like that, we don't even have affiliation with Limestone Networks. We are our own group, with cabinet space in Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago and Germany.

We are financially stable and always will be. There's no company to resell from, we know where we are comfortable to sell from and have no plans to sell at prices which are "desperate".
      0 Not allowed!

Well, we aren't in a position like that, we don't even have affiliation with Limestone Networks. We are our own group, with cabinet space in Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago and Germany.

We are financially stable and always will be. There's no company to resell from, we know where we are comfortable to sell from and have no plans to sell at prices which are "desperate".
    I'm not out to hurt Buzz as a company -- you're only here because of what you said in that you will help him start up.
      0 Not allowed!

Chris Gotzman is successful at Pacific Rack but according to the post on that forum you are HELPING Skylar START UP. Chris knew he didn't succeed, and didn't try to open a business for years.

Someone capable of opening a business shouldn't have to work part-time at a small business making wage to run it.
    That's up to Skylar. He's working with us and we're paying him, if he set's up that's his own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Although I do not agree with Skylar's actions and what he has said in the past, I still think there is no problem with him working for a company. He's not running the company, he's just an employee. Just because his business failed, why should he be deprived of work?
    Exactly. Lot's of companies start up on here and close in the first few months, some last longer. Most will still work in the industry, Skylar is a good work and why would we let him go by just because he didn't do so well with his own business?

He's no management, he's not in any kind of managerial control, he's a simple technician
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Work is fine, but if they are in an agreement to start up shop then there is some type of warning, as $XXX-XXXX was stolen by him indirectly for services that were up very little.
      0 Not allowed!

That's up to Skylar. He's working with us and we're paying him, if he set's up that's his own decision.

Now you talk differently -- before you were "
    helping him out
    " to start up.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not out to hurt Buzz as a company -- you're only here because of what you said in that you will help him start up.
    He said he MIGHT consider starting up and wether or not he does/is, we're happy to pay him because he IS a hard working employee.

If the money goes towards his own company in the future, good luck to him and I hope it works out. If he decides to stay with us, which I hope, we look forward to working with him over the coming months/years.
      0 Not allowed!

But anyone who doesn't have enough money to pay for a $150 LSN node shouldn't be running a business.
    Perhaps that is why he is in paid employment now, so that he can build up some money to invest in his new venture, if there is a new venture, until the income from his clients can pay for his hosting bills.

I say Good luck to Skylar and well done to Buzz Servers for taking on someone that has as much talent as Skylar does.
      0 Not allowed!

Work is fine, but if they are in an agreement to start up shop then there is some type of warning, as $XXX-XXXX was stolen by him indirectly for services that were up very little.
    There are no business agreements between both parties other than employment. Like I keep saying, he said he might want to start up, he's not sure and if this money we pay him helps him start up, best of luck to him.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Perhaps that is why he is in paid employment now, so that he can build up some money to invest in his new venture, if there is a new venture, until the income from his clients can pay for his hosting bills.

I say Good luck to Skylar and well done to Buzz Servers for taking on someone that has as much talent as Skylar does.
    Thank-you Won't let talent like his go a miss!
      0 Not allowed!

There are no business agreements between both parties other than employment. Like I keep saying, he said he might want to start up, he's not sure and if this money we pay him helps him start up, best of luck to him.

Well, it was misunderstood that you were only giving him money. Helping usually doesn't refer to only money, it means the ideas, site work, servers, etc. .
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see how people are getting involved in something that does not matter. That's just stupid, so what his biz failed but if hes a good worker let him work and he earned the money he can use it on what he wants. If indeed he does open up again and you don't like him don't host with him.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, it was misunderstood that you were only giving him money. Helping usually doesn't refer to only money, it means the ideas, site work, servers, etc. .
    He's being paid. If he asks me for help or ideas with anything, any employee or client will receive my help and advice upon request.

Always happy to find time to sit down with a client or employee to work out things with them. We have no plans to offer free services or affiliation with any company he might start up, if he does.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast