Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Removed From Merchant Account!??

I signed up with http://www.onlinedatacorp.com for my merchant account and one month later they kicked me off (after I paid all the setup fees and an annual fee of $99). The reason they kicked me off is because I had 2 fraudlent orders (which I have NO control over) I can't help it if 2 people with stolen credit cards order through my system I mean what I am supposed to do about that??? My question is can they remove me for that and is that really fair?? Would I have a case in court if I were to sue them?

Ouch! 2 chargebacks and they KO'd your account? Hmm, that doesn't sound right, but then again, these places can do what they want in most cases. Did you read your service agreement that you agreed to when you signed up, it will probably mention something about them reserving the right to terminate an account and such.

Best of luck,

David
    http://www.genaldi.com

The chargebacks were within 11 days of each other but still there's nothing I can do to stop that if someone steals a credit card a buys something from me... I really think that's ****ed up.

With the number of fraud hosting orders

With the number of fraud hosting orders, I just don't use any of my merchant accounts for hosting. They hold you responsible for catching fraud and for chargebacks and eventually you will lose them.

So, I tend toward third party processors for my hosting businesses.

Can you reccommend a good one? I was thinking about Costco but that's not 3rd party... Do you know a good cheap one?

Finding your biz on the TMF file (Terminated Merchant File) is based on the % of chargebacks based on the total amt. of processing volume.

If you only had 2 chargebacks.. and they shut down your svc. then this would be based on the total volume you have taken in since the initial set up of services.

If your in need of a new merchant acct. I can help you.

best regards
    SiteTutor

At least they didn't ask you to pay up over $18,000 just so you can remain their client... which is rediculous...

Go with Wells Fargo, they are great so far.

While 2 fraudulent orders is hardly excessive, any merchant acccount will close you down if you process too many.

The reason they kicked me off is because I had 2 fraudlent orders (which I have NO control over) I can't help it if 2 people with stolen credit cards order through my system
    How do you figure this? Sure, you can't stop every fraudulent order, but part of being a merchant is taking responsibility for this stuff. Fraud is very expensive, and I can't blame merchant providers for being antsy about trying to minimize it.

I would suggest that instead of denying all responsibilty you research how to be effective at screening your orders. It is your job as a merchant.

Originally posted by NiceRsx2002
    Can you reccommend a good one? I was thinking about Costco but that's not 3rd party... Do you know a good cheap one?
    www.hostcharge.com

did u get your money back from them? account closing for two fraudulent orders is ridiculous...

No I didn't they won't answer my emails.... what can I do?

how did you pay them? With credit card?

ps. I suggest always filling a report with BBB if you are not satisfied with the service you bought

Yes they have my credit card and direct access to my bank account so they can take the money either way.

*shocl* that's really bad.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

NiceRsx2002,

Did you try calling them? A lot of times, that's the only way to get any answers or anything done at all.
    http://www.genaldi.com

stay away from Online data corp, theres at least 4 companies including us they have screwed over

onlinedata

You won't get your money back. They billed me for 6 months straight after I cancelled the *same* day my account was created. They required me to fax cancellation request to be removed from billing. I've faxed them few copies of the papers every single day. Then called my bank and requested to block them from charging me. They did block them, but they kept on charging me under a different name each time, and took $99 just before they closed my account - they were reported to BBB.

They stole exactly $428.70 from my checking account.

Onlinedata is a fraud [/period]

They stole exactly $428.70 from my checking account.
    Wow thats alot, sorry to hear that Bogdan.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

I'd do a chargeback on them. They didn't provide the service you contracted them to and they were unreasonable.
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

Onlinedatacorp.com is definitely shady. Their "instant" setup service alone should ring and alarm. As they encourage you to charge without even actually getting confirmation your account is setup. If you read the fine print clearly though, it will say that it's subject to verification etc..etc. Nevertheless an innocent user can go ahead thinking they are all set, charge funds, and then come to the realization that they *have not* actually been fully setup.

It happened to us partially, we charged $100 on their merchant account system to test the speed of their deposit system. One week passed, two weeks passed NOTHING in the account. We sent several emails, called them, got the run around about how they are reviewing the account. After hearing that, I didn't charge another penny using their processing system.

Guess what? A few days later after sending some more emails, we get a response stating they will need $15,000 UP FRONT in a reserve account to maintain the account???? Obviously we DECLINED that offer, and moved on.

In the end, when using OnlineDataCorp.com be VERY careful.

Originally posted by joshp
    I'd do a chargeback on them. They didn't provide the service you contracted them to and they were unreasonable.
    I wish.

Citibank could not do a chargeback on my business account because onlinedata had the contract with my signature. Citibank reps told me to contact their supervisor (which I did) and/or file a complaint to BBB (which I did). None of these actions got me my money back, but at least my account was removed.

That's why I'm trying to warn you folks - don't find out the hard way. It really sucks to pay for something that you never even used. Before I signed up, their rep. told me they had recurring billing. Once I signed up, called them up to ask how to set it up, and I was told it will be available within the next year or so. I decided to cancel that same day and ended up paying for additional 6 months plus $99 annual fee.

Stay away from these scammers.

*shrugs*

OnlineDataCorp lost my $1,000 of transcations and refusfed to refunded and lucky I didn't billed the $99 becuase I told my bank to block all charges.

OnlineDataCorp is a fraud, they slam you real good ... Beware, do NOT sign up with them, you can do better than that! It is silly to see $99 fee is need, other merchants can do cheaper and free. They charge you 50% more than what your currently billed by your current merchant.

I strong suggest use 3rd party merchant, less headache and cheaeper for you.

Again, STAY AWAY FROM ONLINEDATA!
    > UNIXIELHOST | Affordable Web Hosting
    > cPanel/WHM & Fantastico
    > http://www.unixielhost.net

bastards

Originally posted by HostInspect
    At least they didn't ask you to pay up over $18,000 just so you can remain their client... which is rediculous...

Go with Wells Fargo, they are great so far.
    i use wells fargo also, i have had great luck with them
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Well I called and I emailed them asking for a refund since they canceled my account I got this email:

"Alright, here we go. I will be more than happy to give you back to $99 dollar fee, that is not a problem. As far as getting charged for september, you weren't. The fee that you incurred in on september 1st is for the month of august, you do not pre pay for months with our company. I will put through for the refund right now and Auth.net should recieve notice from us shortly."

They never contact Auth.net I had to do this myself and they NEVER refunded the $99 fee those lieing ****s I'm thinking about sueing those mother ****ers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast