BurstNET under fire

Seems like they've come under fire for hosting terrorist sites.

More info: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=415898&rfi=8

There are three terrorist sites (that we know of) hosted there:

http://www.Taliban-news.com. This site is operated by the same folks that brought ClearGuidance for Muslim Youth to the web.

Hamas, http://www.palestine-info.cc/ has been designated by the U.S. State Department as a terrorist organization.

The terrorist site Laskar Jehad has just been shut down. However, they have just opened another terrorist site in Indonesian in it's place: http://www.tanahjihad.com/ -- it seems to be a clone of Azzam.com
    Have you Floble'd today?
      0 Not allowed!

From what I heard they have had to keep the sites up to comply with the law enforcement people. This way they can track exactly what is going on on the sites and perhaps gather information regarding terrorists.
      0 Not allowed!

It's been talked to death here.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

It has? hmm i should keep up with things more regularly heh
    Have you Floble'd today?
      0 Not allowed!

Daily reading of WHT will become mandatory during the next upgrade.
    Or was it, already mandatory after the last upgrade?
    Can be confusing.

Oh. That's it. WHT is confusing. With or without upgrades.

No. No. Okay. I think I have it now. WHT should not be taken in moderation.

Nope. Not it either. One more try. Don't WHT and drive.

Hey. We need a good WHT slogan!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    It's been talked to death here.
    Seems to be brought up on a weekly basis.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: BurstNET under fire

Originally posted by sanjiv
    Seems like they've come under fire for hosting terrorist sites.
    More info: http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=415898&rfi=8
    The terrorist site Laskar Jehad has just been shut down. However, they have just opened another terrorist site in Indonesian in it's place: http://www.tanahjihad.com/ -- it seems to be a clone of Azzam.com
    tanahjihad.com is owned by one of Indonesia al qaeda called mohammed syukri. syukri rent at least two servers from burst, 66.96.205.195 and 66.197.135.110 (umar.serveranda.com and one.hostcreator.com)

he use it to promote anti US action, but everytime Burst ask him to remove his terrorist site syukri simply said that he's only the webhosting provider (he open a fake hosting company called bwhosting.com).
      0 Not allowed!

Well, if there's any host that would be good for terrorists... Burst is the place. LOL

SWR: I like that slogan, "Don't WHT and Drive... HAHAHAHA!
      0 Not allowed!

eeeiiingggg??

""""Well, if there's any host that would be good for terrorists... Burst is the place""""

Please......

In Spanish we have a very BIG problem with the terrorist group ETA (2 moths ago kill a children of 6 years) and YOUR american internet infraestructure are hosted your web, and not with Burst.

1992, Irak war, a US attack death 700 civils of Irak in a bunker... any web of US militar are closed for this?????

ALL "style" of terrorist (goverment and illegal groups) are despicable.

Only my opinion.

Best regards,
    Mocosoft.
    It´s possible that for view all conversation from Europe can view other information and other opinions. I don´t read the official opinion of Bush and US gov (not CNN, not NBC, not CBS).
      0 Not allowed!

Mocosoft: What exactly are you trying to say? I don't understand.
      0 Not allowed!

omg...not this crap again. How many times can the same 'news' be recycled?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi, Haze

Excuse me for my English, Haze.

My opinion was only a reflexion about the comment of Burst before at my text, but I had written more than only a reflexion, because, 5 minutes before to write my text, I read a text about american position about Irak and United Nations.

But I am discord with the "free opinion" of ""terrorist all over the world, please, all hosted with burst"". The actual president of Israel (Sharon) it´s best terrorist all over the world (actual situation is the result of your turist at Palestina +/- 2 years ago). And Batasuna.org, the "Sinn Fein" of terrorist group ETA is hosted for a USA company.

Excuse me not only for my English. This is a particular opinion, and I agree that this site is for other problems (with servers, pings, nets, etc.).

I supose that your definition of terrorism is different that my definition (and opinion) about what is terrorism.

Best regards,
    Mocosoft.

It,s probably that we have a diferent opinion about the terrorism + my problem for write in English.... is normal that you don´t understand I wirte... Excuse me. :-)
      0 Not allowed!

Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

...one sentence says is all...

from mocosoft...ALL "style" of terrorist (goverment and illegal groups) are despicable.
    ...this was easy enough to understand, and i for one totally agree with you...

...if there are six billion people on earth, i would imaging that 5 billion, 999 million, 999 thousand, 990 all want the good things that are inherent in the human condition... the other 10 are those with dark agendas, who have found ways to control the masses and somehow become the world's hitler's... in all of human history, you can count the most evil on your hands and toes...

...the argument against terror is valid from both east and west... americans are as brainwashed as their perceived enemies... if they didn't eat, drink, breathe, sleep and dream oil, there wouldn't be this kind of problem..

...maybe it's too late... can we give up your combustable engines? our plastic products? our max-factor and cover-girl?

...who out there really wants to find a better way if the above questions are the only option?...

...if you have twenty six-month old babies, 10 girls and 10 boys, whether black, white, yellow, red, brown, albino, birth defected or otherwise "different", all sharing a crib for the day, not one of them will look at another and wonder with hateful prejudice about their differences... in fact, they won't even know it...

...all they want is nourishment, shelter from the elements and love...

...it's not until Mommy and Daddy (primarily Daddy), aunts and uncles (primarily uncles), teachers, and clergy "educate" them that they learn to distinguish and categorize the differences, "for their own protection and survival", into various compartments, each with its own assigned positive and negative emotion(s)...

...if... if...IF... God or Allah or any other Supreme Being created everything in existence, including good and evil, love and hate, we are living in an age where the end result of the human experiment will more than likely be revealed, and this conclusion will write history for the next several thousand years...

...if we don't start making the right choices, the results will be evident only to the insects left in charge...

...as long as the "terror" concept was brought up again, would like to thank 'burst" for this excuse to post a plea for sanity...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...
      0 Not allowed!

What I don't get is what the big deal is about.

At tanahjihad.com there is a image that states:
    "One Islamic State Caliphate,
    Khilafah Islamiyyah,
    must be re-established"

Attached is a map outlined in red, don't they have enough land already? What is the big deal about Israel? They don't
    have much land anyways.

Can someone explain what the heck is going on as I have never been about to get to the root of this.

As far as I know, they hate the US because we are friends of Israel?

See this map and see how much land is already in the hands of islamic related countries already.

Something skewed here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails islamstate.gif  
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I suppose it seems that there's not a lot of people or countries that agree with USA's war on terrorism - so posts like this will happen.

-WC-
      0 Not allowed!

I guess that he said that USA its a terrorist country in some way too.
    But, I can be wrong
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

So which one of you mods is going to move this thread to the lounge and/or close it before it gets way off topic?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by akash
    So which one of you mods is going to move this thread to the lounge and/or close it before it gets way off topic?
    Or perhaps something could be done to stop this forum from becoming a platform for everyone's political beliefs, no matter what those beliefs might be.

Of course, I realize that's a lot to ask...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by lightnin

Or perhaps something could be done to stop this forum from becoming a platform for everyone's political beliefs, no matter what those beliefs might be.

Of course, I realize that's a lot to ask...
    i have nothing against people discussing their political beliefs (in the lounge of course) - my problem is threads like these - burst knows about it, the govt knows about it, and there's no reason to let the rest of the world know about it.

i also have a problem with the fact that in the last few "political belief threads" there have been personal attacks and the threads have gone way off topic. why make the mods work harder? lets just keep on topic and play nice...
      0 Not allowed!

True, but I still subscribe to the 'no politics, no religion' school of socializing. Bringing up either just makes tempers flare and causes pointless discussions that have no resolution.

oh well...c'est la vie...
      0 Not allowed!